AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what's new with all of you and the hobby?

I spent the summer outside doing charming fun tasks ;) like painting the house and roofing the garage. I am way out of the loop. Here and there I transferred a must have movie or show to the E-80's hard drive where they mostly stayed unedited. Now, I have spent the last week editing, and the last day making the covers. (You know how hard it is to find something to use as a cover shot for the movie San Quentin? I do, NOW.) :)

I use the Epson R-200 for printing. It does a good enough job on the covers, and I think a very good job printing on the DVD's. The software I use for making the covers is a very good little program called Discus that someone on this forum recommended. (Thanks again!)

I have been using Avery jewel case inserts, but they are expensive. Someone here recommended another paper, but I can't remember, and I couldn't find the thread. I can easily cut the paper to size myself, so I really don't need pre-perforated sheets. So, what do you all use? Does a glossier paper work better than a matte finish paper? The Avery is a matte finish.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did chat about my personal life to explain why I would have to ask "what's new with our hobby" of DVD's recording.

But, I think you will find if you read the rest of what I said, it is about my recording, editing, (on my Panasonic E-80) DVD's. And, it is about printing titles on the DVD's, and creating artwork for the jewel cases that hold the DVD's (with my R-200 Epson printer designed to print on DVD's). I think that qualifies as on topic in the DVD recorder forum. No?

·
Registered
384 Posts
GET THOSE PRECIOUS MOVIES OFF YOUR HDD. yea i'm screaming.

my E100 lost it's burner and the panny service center did a full reset and format of the hdd. Why---probably for the same reason construction guys look for plants to run over!!! all my programs--many hours of programs which will not be shown again are gone forever. i copied them all to vhs--but the pq is the pits compared to the E100....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dont keep too much on your HD....use ram...they r cheaper now

I try and record movies directly...to save time.....40c dvd media (cdn)

Raster is right to a degree...but hey you did provide some good info.

Chill...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.