AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from work last night, and saw the red light was on. OK, it was recording a show, but I had no idea what. The tv screen showed the screen where I left off watching RPTV off in the morning. Clicking "Return to Live" doesn't take me back to live tv.

I couldn't think of what it might have been recording, and went into the Replay Guide to check, and after scrolling through all my channels, finally found what was "currently recording."

I wish there was an easier way. Is there a simple trick that would show me what and how far into the recording it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There IS an easier way. Simply attempt to "change the channel" to watch something live. ReplayTV will take you automatically to the channel that is recording and in effect tell you that you can not watch one live channel while THIS one is being recorded. Again, simply change channels will solve your problems.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I'm still laughing.....

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Another, not-so-efficient, way that I usually use is to click on the Replay Guide and then just thumb down through the shows until I see the one that says "Currently Recording".

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sheltrk
Maybe the Replay TV team should look at adding some Status Bars in software version 5.2! j/k :D
Does that mean status bars aren't in 5.1? Damn!

I was going to suggest the method Creech stated, that's worked for me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D

I was going to suggest the method Creech stated, that's worked for me.
Jeff and Creech I believe that was the whole point of the thread. Our friend was looking for an "eaiser" way of doing just that.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by diverjones
Jeff and Creech I believe that was the who point of the thread. Our friend was looking for an "eaiser" way of doing just that.
I guess I didn't read the first post carefully enough.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
Actually, ReplayRichard did majorly hint that Status Bars are not out the question for 5.1. Although I may be loathe to admit it, Status Bars are a potential solution for the question posed by this thread.

-Robbie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.