AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into a 2.1 system with two speakers and a sub and a receiver. i listened to the bose and liked that a lot. im willing to mix and match things to make it better. what is the best 2.1 system i should get?

i have a friend that works at ultimate electronics im not sure if i should get his discount or get it online...

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,677 Posts
This question has been asked many times before. You should run a search for prior threads discussing this question, read those, and then come back with any specific questions. But when you do, you should also let people know what type of music you listen to, what you plan to use these speakers for, whether you are willing to buy just the speakers and a receiver now and later add a sub, etc.

You are asking for a heck of a lot for under $500. I have no idea what is best in your price range. But I can tell you that your money will probably go father if you avoid Bose (and you will probably end up with better sound). Take a look at the other threads, at sites such as HSU's site, Axiom Audio's site, Cambridge Soundworks' site, Onix' site, etc. for good relatively cheap speakers.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mista Kotta, Mista Kotta, I know, I know, oooh, oooh,.......... The X series by AV123. What else for someone known as x-evil-x?

Nice 2.1 for less than $500.

Sorry, I've been watching too much TVLand recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts