AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase 4 TV's in the 42"-46" range and my budget is around $1000. I've been trying to determine what's best plasma tv in this price range, I'm considering a Panasonic 42PZ85U. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Stan

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan550 /forum/post/15468391

I need to purchase 4 TV's in the 42"-46" range and my budget is around $1000. I've been trying to determine what's best plasma tv in this price range, I'm considering a Panasonic 42PZ85U. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Costco has been selling the TH-C46FD18 off and on for the past few weeks for a nickel under your budget. It's their version of the TH-46PZ80U. In the 42" size, the TH-42PZ80U (or the Costco version TH-C42FD18) and TH-42PZ85U are great choices.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman62 /forum/post/15468765

costco has the 42" for under 700.00 i got one in nov. for my bedroom and love it...

Just to clarify, this would be the lowly bottom-of-the-barrel 768p model (TH-C42HD18), not any of the 1080p models i listed above

·
Registered
673 Posts
if you can wait, I'm betting some great deals pop up at B&M's and E-Tailers in a couple weeks leading into superbowl.

I think its a given, Unless they are all keeping inventories low and can justify charging higher prices due to it.

I read on here or SlickDeals about a guy who got the 50PZ80U and a Blu-Ray Player for "free", total cost was like $1200 bucks on Amazon, sell the blu-ray and you are getting a good 1080p Panny Plasma for under $1k. I'm hoping this deal pops up again soon.

·
Registered
324 Posts
get either the th-c46fd18 from costco which a 46 inch panny 1080 for under a grand or check sears for the 42pz80. got the pz80 from sears since I had a gift card, but if i would have gone with the costco version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pulled the trigger last night on a 42pz85u from amazon, and it should be delivered next Wednesday-

After looking online, offline, and all over, I figured the total cost was well worth it (tv shipped w/ white glove for under 1k) and 4 year in house warranty was only a little over $100 additional- I knew I wanted a PS3 as my blu-ray and gaming system so waiting for a B&M or online deal where they through in a cheap blu-ray didn't appeal so much, also I don't need a stand and my car is too tiny for self delivery, so shipping was a consideration too.

If you don't need a standard VGA PC input, get the 42pz80u and save a few more bucks, BUT depending on where you buy, this might not come with free shipping, so after tacking on around $200 for white-glove delivery, you're spending more than you would have for the 42pz85u w/ warranty.

Good luck! Great TV's all around, I'm so excited.

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspinning /forum/post/15473683

I pulled the trigger last night on a 42pz85u from amazon, and it should be delivered next Wednesday-

After looking online, offline, and all over, I figured the total cost was well worth it (tv shipped w/ white glove for under 1k) and 4 year in house warranty was only a little over $100 additional- I knew I wanted a PS3 as my blu-ray and gaming system so waiting for a B&M or online deal where they through in a cheap blu-ray didn't appeal so much, also I don't need a stand and my car is too tiny for self delivery, so shipping was a consideration too.

If you don't need a standard VGA PC input, get the 42pz80u and save a few more bucks, BUT depending on where you buy, this might not come with free shipping, so after tacking on around $200 for white-glove delivery, you're spending more than you would have for the 42pz85u w/ warranty.

Good luck! Great TV's all around, I'm so excited.

Right now Amazon is showing a price of $965. The lowest price I could find localy was $1099.

·
Registered
673 Posts
if the Panny BD-35 player wasn't so popular and hard to find, I'd say Amazon would run another "Buy a Plasma, get a free BR player" deal soon. I read about a similar deal in early December and a guy got the PZ80 model, 50" with BR player for 1200 or so shipped., the BR player is worth atleast $200 bucks on ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts