AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all,

What's your favorite design of speaker? OK, if we put it into this way, in a art perspective, it's a little difficult to design the most amazing speaker with most attractive look and also most enjoyable sound effectiveness as well. So, how to balance it?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskya
Hi, all,

What's your favorite design of speaker? OK, if we put it into this way, in a art perspective, it's a little difficult to design the most amazing speaker with most attractive look and also most enjoyable sound effectiveness as well. So, how to balance it?

You ask what is the best design in the title and then slightly change the angle to 'what's your favorite design'.

I'd ask you, what is your favorite tool when building your house.

You might then stop and ask me for what task? Nailing, screwing, cutting, measuring????

Same thing here (IMHO)

What paramater do you want to focus on, asthetics or sound?

In my opinion you can get something that might look good and sound good but if you want the most purity of said goal, then I'd suggest you will probably have a compromise in the other.

For me, a speaker is to recreate sound. As such, my preference is that it does a great job of recreating sound and frankly, I can live with something in my living room that others might be aghast to see in theirs.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The best design is the one you make. DIY is the way to go. The best drivers are Scan Speaks (sometimes IMHO, LOL). The best type of speaker is the mid-sized 0.5cf "bookshelf/monitor" used with a pair of subs. Just kept to generalities because that's how the question was asked. YMMV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.