AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best flim based dvd (mpeg-2) codec for ZP?..

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
He asked about filters for ZP ... TT uses the Cinemaster filter.
No Blight, He included the Cinemaster 668 as used in the ATI 7.6 player which would exclude the Ravisent filter used in TT. Guess this is just another BS poll.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Cliff, lots of us are still waiting for TT to catch up with the current level of Cinemaster drivers.

I know that I own a license for TT, but haven't used it for at least the last 3 or 4 months.

ZP will continue to be my player of choice unless or until TT makes a major leap into current versions of filters.

If you compare the feature list and the number of functional updates for both players, TT is falling behind at a ever increasing rate.

Just my $.02 which may not be true for everyone. ;)

Vern Dias

·
Registered
474 Posts
Interesting poll... what might those "others" be?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I finally installed ZP and ATI 7.6 and PowerDVD on my HTPC. Cineplayer v4 for video and PowerDVD 4.0 for audio is one hell of a combination. I had a hell of a time getting Cineplayers video filters working with ZP. Everydisk I would play would freeze at about one and a half minutes into the movie. After a day of troubleshooting, I finally determined I had a bad install of DirectX 8.1. Reinstalled it and everything works perfect. I also have TT installed and I can easily switch filters with ZP for PQ comparisons. On my low end PJ, Cineplayer v4 is definitly a step above all others. I would rate PQ, from top to bottom, Cineplayer v4, TT, ATI 4.0, PowerDVD 4., WinDVD 4.0. Of course, this is on my system and those with more revealing sytems may correct me.

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Quote:
Just my $.02 which may not be true for everyone.
Yup, you are correct. It is certainly not true for everyone. Vern, please don't rekindle the software DVD player flame wars. You prefer Zoom Player...good for you. It is a fine product, but everyone has their own needs and desires in software, and their is no "best" choice for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.