AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best HDTV capture card currently available? I am particularly interested in being able to run a robust HDTV PVR with a clean and reliable user interface. I like the Snapstream Personal Video Station 3 software, but don't see that it supports HDTV tuner cards. I'd like to have a Digital DVI output, or at least component video output (using native RCA connectors, not a VGA connector).

If anybody has done a side by side comparison of current cards, please point me in the right direction. So far I've only found the following products:

Hipix DTV-200

PCHDTV HD-2000

Hauppauge Win-TV HD

Access DTV

Fusion HDTV

My HD

Are there other models I haven't included?

I currently use a Hipix DTV-200 card, but have had reliability problems on the three different PCs it has been used with. Two of the systems were Windows 2000 and the third running XP Pro. I used the original Telemann software on the first WIN2K machine, then the AVS Edition on the other two systems. In all three cases, the product runs fine, but the system crashes on shutdown.

Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you want something like the interface of the Snapstream, you're in for bad news. The closest thing currently is SageTV which has 'experimental' support for the AccessDTV. So far there's no commitment for continued development. I don't think anything else has quite as nice an interface as Snapstream.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have no idea what snapstream, or Sage is/are. The application that comes with MyHD is easily understandable, I don't believe I need an interface to make it any easier. The wife can even start the application and use the included remote control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.