AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
83" LG C1, Sony ES50, Diva Mains, GoldenEar SuperCenter XL, HSU VTF2 Subwoofer
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Just got a new 83" TV and my current Center Channel speaker is too narrow and too tall to work with where the new TV will be on the wall. I'm looking for something low profile (under 7 inches tall) and long (about 28 to 38 inches long). My speakers are Swan Divas (Rosewood and Piano Black) so something that has some Gloss Black would be nice. I'm mostly concerned with WAF so price isn't really an issue if it looks and fits nicely.

Any help greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of approximately where the new TV will be. Center Channel will be on that Table where those pics are (sorry kids) :

Output device Television Computer desk Flat panel display Table

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far I'm thinking this Golden Ears model might fit the bill (or the next size down) and there's a Martin Logan that would work as well. Any thoughts on how good or bad those are? Never had either. :)

Rectangle Automotive lighting Audio equipment Public address system Font

Public address system Rectangle Font Audio equipment Technology

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Hey guys. Just got a new 83" TV and my current Center Channel speaker is too narrow and too tall to work with where the new TV will be on the wall. I'm looking for something low profile (under 6 inches tall) and long (about 28 to 38 inches long). My speakers are Swan Divas (Rosewood and Piano Black) so something that has some Gloss Black would be nice. I'm mostly concerned with WAF so price isn't really an issue if it looks and fits nicely.

Any help greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of approximately where the new TV will be. Center Channel will be on that Table where those pics are (sorry kids) :

View attachment 3175557
Can you not just raise the tv a few inches to accommodate a bigger center? Most wall mounts allow you to adjust the vesa mounting to vary the height a bit. Even a couple inches would open up a lot more options that will blend better with your Swan Divas and offer cleaner dialogue. The Polk 706C is a popular option at $400 with a nice cabinet.

Reactions: bareyb

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you not just raise the tv a few inches to accommodate a bigger center? Most wall mounts allow you to adjust the vesa mounting to vary the height a bit. Even a couple inches would open up a lot more options that will blend better with your Swan Divas and offer cleaner dialogue. The Polk 706C is a popular option at $400 with a nice cabinet.
Hey. Thanks for the reply! And yes, that's the conundrum. We could but it's already technically too high. Our eyes are nowhere near the middle of the screen. Even as it is in the pic, we are at best looking at the bottom 1/4 of the screen. The Diva Center is 10" tall and that would mean raising it up another 5 inches which would really be too high.

I have consider WAF since this in the Living Room. She's already been pretty cool about getting an 83", but she wants it to look proportional as much as possible.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Hey. Thanks for the reply! And yes, that's the conundrum. We could but it's already technically too high. Our eyes are nowhere near the middle of the screen. Even as it is in the pic, we are at best looking at the bottom 1/4 of the screen. The Diva Center is 10" tall and that would mean raising it up another 5 inches which would really be too high.

I have consider WAF since this in the Living Room. She's already been pretty cool about getting an 83", but she wants it to look proportional as much as possible.
Can you buy her a new table that’s not quite as tall?

Reactions: CgyAvFan and Kini62

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you buy her a new table that’s not quite as tall?
Not really... It matches the other tables in the room. I'm kinda stuck with the max dimensions I posted (under 7" tall, over 28" long). There are quite a few out there that would fit the bill, including the some passive soundbars that could be wired in Parallel (my Divas are 4 ohm). Was just hoping the source of knowledge that is AVS might have some good suggestions. :)

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Not really... It matches the other tables in the room. I'm kinda stuck with the dimensions I posted. Under 7 inches tall and fairly long like a Sound Bar. If you have any suggestions for something decent in that size range I'd love to hear it.

There are quite a few out there that would fit the bill, including the some passive soundbars that could be wired in Parallel (my Divas are 4 ohm). Was just hoping the source of knowledge that is AVS might have some good suggestions. :)
I’d look at the Klipsch RP-404C and Polk R350. If you need to have a small height, you want multiple drivers to try and make up the surface area difference.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’d look at the Klipsch RP-404C and Polk R350. If you need to have a small height, you want multiple drivers to try and make up the surface area difference.
Awesome. I wish the Polk had a black grill cloth but the Klipsch looks like it could be a contender. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Awesome. I wish the Polk had a black grill cloth but the Klipsch looks like it could be a contender. Thank you!
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen piano black versions of those Klipsch speakers, perhaps check their website to see if they are available still.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts

This is an authorized dealer from Klipsch’s website with the piano black version.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is an authorized dealer from Klipsch’s website with the piano black version.
Thank you very much! It will go on the list! :)

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
7.125"

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Paradigm Premier 600C seems to garner good reviews and is 7.75 inches tall, 36 wide...

Premier 600C
Love Paradigm! Really gotta keep it under 7" though. That's the absolute max. Under 6" would be ideal. :)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
The R350 in black (and I think the walnut finish) has a black grille.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The R350 in black (and I think the walnut finish) has a black grille.
I'll look into it. Thanks! :)

Not finding it... got a link?

ETA: I notice you have Kef and you and I are using the same Subwoofer from Hsu. How's the Kef Center Channel? I think they have a couple that would fit.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'll look into it. Thanks! :)

Not finding it... got a link?

ETA: I notice you have Kef and you and I are using the same Subwoofer from Hsu. How's the Kef Center Channel? I think they have a couple that would fit.

4th image shows the speaker with the grille, which is included in the "What's in the Box" section in the listing.

The KEF centre is good, but I think both of the Q series are above 7" in height (though the 250c is just barely above 7"). The R2c, which is also very nice, is just under 7". I would kill to have the R2c, personally.

EDIT: And I think I was mistaken - the Walnut version of the Reserve series speakers has more of a heathered, charcoal grey grille.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
WAF=Bose Cubes. Otherwise, lower the legs of the table by 5-6 inches. Take it a shop or local metal guy to make the legs look the same; probably cheaper than a new center.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Could your existing larger center speaker be placed under the table, on a stand, and the drivers angled to aim at the MLP?
If not your existing center, and if cost isn't really an issue, perhaps a Paradigm Premier 600C in gloss black?
A custom stand may be needed or an existing one modified to fit under the table properly

Not really... It matches the other tables in the room. I'm kinda stuck with the max dimensions I posted (under 7" tall, over 28" long). There are quite a few out there that would fit the bill, including the some passive soundbars that could be wired in Parallel (my Divas are 4 ohm). Was just hoping the source of knowledge that is AVS might have some good suggestions. :)

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WAF=Bose Cubes. Otherwise, lower the legs of the table by 5-6 inches. Take it a shop or local metal guy to make the legs look the same; probably cheaper than a new center.
Lol. She's a little better than that. I guess I'm lucky... Anyway, I've already found a couple of good quality center channels that fit into what we have that I'd be happy with. Was Just hoping some of you guys might be able to find something I didn't. I honestly don't want a huge Center Channel. I need to find a balance of good sound and aesthetics. This isn't a dedicated home theater. This is our Living Room. I like the look of Sound Bars and that's kind of the look I'm going for.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts