AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best & quietest PS3 cooler? Do I need one? I'm storing mine behind a glass door in an entertainment center.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
yeah what ThumperII said...

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
i agree with these guys, it does make it louder than usual and you only really need one if you have your ps3 in an enclosed space or live in a very hot place.

I have the one that you attach to the side/top (depending if you have it horizontal/vertical) and it does get loud, but it doesn't bother me because I usually have something louder on that's drowning out the fan noise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a heat issue as well. My front is open but the back was closed. I cut 2 (80mm) holes in the back of my stand. Went to radio shack and picked up a power suply and 2 case fans. While gaming I run the fans at 12v while watching Blu-rays I run them at 7.5v.

P.S. you can find these materials on-line for cheaper, but when I want to do something I want to do it now so I'll spend the extra $20 and by reatil.

3-12V Regulated 1000mA AC Adapter
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

You can use any case fan!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
as far as the ps3 goes it will run cool and quiet, at least my 40gb does.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Put a cold air intake, intercooler, and headers to make it run cooler. You can also put nitrous and scoops to lower the temperature even further

·
Registered
239 Posts
Venting the hot air out of your cabinet will not only benefit your PS3 but all of your other components as well.

A thermostatically controlled fan like this one:
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556082910.html

will really help to evacuate the hot air from your cabinet and keep your components nice and cool.

I have the CabCool 1202, and it works great. Very ver quiet. They have other sizes and configurations to fit your cabinet size and budget.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also have my PS3 in an entertainment center, which has an oval opening at the back to allow cables to enter/exit. What I did was zip-tie 4 PC fans sidebyside and then splice the wires together to a single USB connector. This is plugged into one of the USB ports on the PS3 so they all spin up when the PS3 powers on. This sucks the hot air out of the cabinet and allows the PS3 to run cooler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.