AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Also, When they say 6MS (which is like it is on my TV) do they usualy mean with game mode on, or off? Gameplay sucks on my tv with the mode off, but on it plays like butter.

So yeah, Just wondering what the best response time is for games.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hi, The response time listed in your product specs has almost nothing to do with the response time (Input Lag) concerning gaming. Response time (Input Lag) is the time it takes from when the set receives a signal from the input till it is displayed on the screen as opposed to the manufacturer's response time which means the time it takes from when the panel receives the signal and when the panel's pixels change. In between these two is the time it takes for the set to process the signal.

Total response time (Total Input Lag) is the time it takes from when Your brain decides to react and signal your hand to press the mouse button (or whatever) + the physical slack take up time in the device + any processing delay in the computer or console + input lag of the display device (+ server lag if playing online).

So there are 3 different "response times" to consider. Nowdays the panel's response time is a small part of the equation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 /forum/post/19585896

Hi, The response time listed in your product specs has almost nothing to do with the response time (Input Lag) concerning gaming. Response time (Input Lag) is the time it takes from when the set receives a signal from the input till it is displayed on the screen as opposed to the manufacturer's response time which means the time it takes from when the panel receives the signal and when the panel's pixels change. In between these two is the time it takes for the set to process the signal.

Total response time (Total Input Lag) is the time it takes from when Your brain decides to react and signal your hand to press the mouse button (or whatever) + the physical slack take up time in the device + any processing delay in the computer or console + input lag of the display device (+ server lag if playing online).

So there are 3 different "response times" to consider. Nowdays the panel's response time is a small part of the equation.

So how can I tell I'm buying a LCD for games that isn't a laggy crap pile? Do they sell cheaper ($300-$400) LCD TVs that are great for games? Cheaper?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts