AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should say easiest way to check for them. do you just freeze the screen during a black video or DVE?

thanks

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
From this Post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...946618&page=48

Mine has a lot of dust blobs (>7) at about 35 hours and my room is not very dusty. Only two are visable during normal viewing - one red one and one blue one. Mitsubishi and Projector People are replacing it as defective (new one should be here on Thursday).

You may not want to do this as it will show dust any unnoticed dust blobs... but if you want to check if you have any dust blob here is how you can do it:

1) Display a black screen by going to Installation -> Back Color -> Black. Then switch the projector to a non active input.

2) Adjust the focus to its maximum "left arrow" position. If you have dust blobs and or particles they will show up as the color of the panel the dust is on.

3) Adjust the focus to its maximum "right arrow" position. If you have any dust blobs and or particles they will show up as the color of the panel the dust is on.

On my projector lots of dust particles show up on at the maximum "left arrow" position and only a few show up on the maximum "right arrow" position. As I stated before only two show up in the focused position.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah this will be for a hc1500. thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

Im just concerned about normal viewing so I will check it at normal viewing zoom if i use any. I see that in the Installation menu.

Thanks again.

Mits makes it easy, I have not seen that if other PJ menus.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproket /forum/post/12851453

I should say easiest way to check for them. do you just freeze the screen during a black video or DVE?

thanks

Maybe it is just me, but if you have to search/check etc to see them, it cant be a big problem?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just replaced the lamp on my Hitachi TX100 LCD. I can see a faint round image (~2" diameter) when the screen is black or solid dark color. Is it a dust blob? I cleaned the lens but its still there. Should I get a replacement or just try to clean the inside?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
LOL, for some reason I thought he had the 4900...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproket /forum/post/12852075

Im just concerned about normal viewing so I will check it at normal viewing zoom if i use any.

Gosh Sproket, why do you specifically want to look for this problem, are you trying to decide whether to return the pj to your retailer?

Reminds me of looking for "bad/stuck pixels" on an LCD of any sort; if you don't see 'em from your seating position, I'd say "stop!" cuz if you look closer and then find something you don't like, you will see that "something" forever after i.e. your eye will be drawn to it when all you wanna do is enjoy the show!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too dont understand specifically looking for an error. If i dont see it during normal viewing why oh why would I want to look for it through some procedure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New PJ, just wanted to check for very obvious flaws not to nit pick.

A story:

When I first order a PB6100 over 3 years ago, the first one I received has some scan line problem. I would not of known it if I did not know what to look for. The second pb6100 did not have the problem and it has been a work horse for over 3 yrs with almost 4000 hours on it.

I have read some hd1000/hc1500 have seen blobs so I figure it could be a Mits thing to look for.

Just want to make sure I get a good unit.

I dont like lemons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts