AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

whats the best way to connect my computer and hd box to Aquos?

293 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  xprtman
I would like to say hello to this forum as I am new and this is my first post. I have never owned a high def TV so I am new to all this. I just purchased the Sharp Aquos lc32da5u. It has the following inputs, HDMI x 1, Y/Pr/Pb x 2, S-Video x 1, Composite x 3. Now this is what I plan doing. I will be hooking up the hd box (from cablevision/optimum) to the TV. I believe the box has a dvi output and a component output. I also want to hook up my computer to the TV in order to watch DVDs, WebTV, and just to display whatever I can on the TV. My video card from my computer has dvi, vga, and s-video out. Now how should I set this all up? Should I send my computer signal via a dvi/hdmi cable and send my hd box signal via a component cable or visa versa? Also, I read somewhere on this forum that if you want to get the best viewing quality on your TV from your DVD player on your computer you have to get something called ffdshow? If you could please give me advice on how I complete this setup I would greatly appreciate it. As I said, I'm new to this so this is all a learning process for me. Thanks in advanced!

-Ronnie
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.