AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'd like to convert some of my LDs to DVD. Right now I'm just pluging my Pioneer CLD-504 LD player directly into my Panasonic DMR-E30 via svid and rca plugs. I'm using thx moster cable 1000 seires. (My TV is a zenith c32v37 HDTV CRT if that matters)

But I've noticed my ld player has a little dot crawl. And the image can somtimes be a little. Soft.

IS their any device that will plug inbetween the two and produce a better image. Its pretty good now but if I can I'd like to improve it. But I was thinking of converting star wars the defintive LDS over. And a goofy movie (ITs WS and the dvd isnt)

Thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
Rachael Bellomy is the forum member to give you good advice with this. She is the LD queen. I think she and others have stated that the S-Video outputs on many LD players are inferior to the composite. I believe this is the case with the 504, which I too own. It was the first reasonably priced AC-3 LD player.

·
Registered
27,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL
I think I would convert my LDs by selling them on the popular auction site, then using the proceeds to buy DVDs.
Ditto, the picture is going to look like a piece of crap relative to its DVD counterpart.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm talking about lDs not on DVD like a goofy movie in WS. (The R1 NTSC is fullscreen)

Also the star wars LDS that are the most orgnail (I've got the CAV definitve collection) version

Well it does look better over stand compsite. (Yellow) cable.

Right now I'm using std walmart low end cable(compsite). I've got monster svid but found the compsite looked better for LDs. Ill probboly use the svid for my sat box feed. For std 480i trazmitions. I've got componet for HD feeds. I've used HDMI but had probloms (h10 box I'm sure most have reed about the probloms). But I don't care as direct is switching to mpeg 4 soon. And theit current hd line up is very week. I use my tvs atsc tunner more. would better cable make a diffrince I'd think it would over walmart brand.

But, what's wrong with laserdisc. Some lds are better then dvd. Its weired I rather see good picture rather then a great picture that has mpeg artifacts. Although dvds have been getting a lot better latly. They seem to be geeting it right buy putting the movie on one disc and the SF on another many dvds put way to much info on a disc causing a low qulity movie.

But when HD movies come it will be great. I just hope thay don't try to crame etire seasons of shows on 1 disk

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's just it... there are no DVD counterparts to what he wants to transfer (IE the theatrical Star Wars versions).

EDIT: sorry, a little slow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.