AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to rip blu rays and stream them to multiple devices at multiple displays

whats the easiest way to do this, both ripping (i assume AnyDVDHD and device to stream to and playback from)

i would want the said extender to play ripped dvds and recorded tv from the hauppage HDPVR

thanks in advance

·
Registered
23,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle83 /forum/post/15499167

i would want the said extender to play ripped dvds and recorded tv from the hauppage HDPVR

The SageTV HD Theater (STP-HD200) is the only extender I know of that really supports all that. It works great with the HD200, and Blu-ray ISO/folder support (and hopefully TrueHD/DTS-HD decoding) are in the works. It will play m2ts files now.

I'm just beginning to rip my stuff and haven't 100% settled on a route. But I'm either going to rip with AnyDVD and remux into MKV, or ideally use TSMuxeR (IIRC) to strip out just the main movie and audio track and keep the chapters.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...any other options

will popcorn hour support the streaming of ripped blu rays from anydvd hd/my movies combo

·
Registered
226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle83 /forum/post/15502808

bump...any other options

will popcorn hour support the streaming of ripped blu rays from anydvd hd/my movies combo

other options? plenty, but you need to give us a better idea of what you need

I've read conflicting info on whether the PCH will play ripped bluray/hddvd movies that are remuxed to ts or mkv without recompression. That's what I wanted as well, so I went the custom HTPC + XBMC route and am *very* happy with it. So much so that I'm in the process of preparing to sell them pre-configured, for those who want a STB type experience (a la PCH) but the power of a HTPC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts