AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No frills, standard size HD, cheapest price. It will be an add on to a HD Zenith 520.

Couldn't find any in the classifieds and not sure about which models and what to look for on EBay.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jeff,

Most retailers still have some series 1 Directivo, but the new series 2 are now out. The Series 1 may be more "upgradable" at this point as far as hard drive space goes, but others may know more. Try a search in the Tivo section for more info.

Usually, current customers have to pay through the nose for equipment upgrades. Here is a little secret for you. If you want a Series 1, you can get a Directivo for $199 plus $24.95 shipping from Directv. You need to sign in, then enter "dvro" when it asks for a code. Here is a link for the new equipment upgrade page:

https://signin.directv.com/DTVAPP/Ha...LoginAction.do

(Anyone who is not a DTV customer can get great "new customer" deals online from places like American Satellite, Mini-dishes and Orbit)

Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Quote:
The Series 1 may be more "upgradable" at this point as far as hard drive space goes, but others may know more.

Check around on tivocommunity.com and you'll see lots of deals for Hughes HDVR2 units going cheap.

In terms of hard drive space, with the right bracket, Series 2 are just as upgradeable as Series one.

This thread at TiVo community shows it all.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
It will be an add on to a HD Zenith 520.
A DirecTivo can't be an add on to anything. It is a self contained unit. No other receivers are required.

-Robert

·
Registered
632 Posts
********************* was running a special of $250 delivered for a new HNS HDVR2. I would take the $225 from DTV though, if you can 'live' with the S1 units (they lack an unused USB port).

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've seen the Huhges HDVR2 as high as $399 to as low as $139. Tivocommunity.com is the place to ask this question.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've seen UTV go for $399 open box, plus shipping just today! I only paid $50. At $139 for DTivo, I'd be willing to swap one of my UTV receivers and pocket the difference. If I hate it, I can always switch back and make a few more bucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.