AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all - posting this as I am a bit confused. Have seen this name pop up all over the boards (here and elsewhere) as a good option for banana plugs.

But, there seems to be some "discussion" about whether some are fake or not? These obviously sell on EBay, generally fairly cheap - there is also a website nakamichiplug.com which sells what appears to be the same thing as is on Ebay. Then there is Namashop - these ones look different than the other two sources.

I guess I am not really concerned about whether either is "fake" or not - I am mostly concerned that I actually will get them (and get what I order), the price is reasonable, and that they work with a nice snug fit.

I know monoprice has inexpensive plugs, but I've read some things suggesting they don't necessarily fit AVR posts snuggly. I've also seen different recommendations for GLS plugs from speakerrepair.com, plugs from Parts-Express and plugs from BlueJeans.

I know there have been older threads where people have said what plugs they were using, so sorry for the duplication. But there have been none recently, so hoping that there might be some new insights out there.

Also, because I am in Canada, some of these can get pricey if they charge for shipping or ship by other than USPS (FedEx and UPS generally charge a brokerage fee for their "work" to clear your package with customs). So, any of you out there from Canada who have bought plugs - any plugs - online, I would especially like to hear from you!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
All I can say is the 50 nakamichi banana plugs I ordered arrived and work well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki
All I can say is the 50 nakamichi banana plugs I ordered arrived and work well.
Did you order them from Nakamichiplug.com or one of the EBay sellers?

·
Registered
592 Posts
The best banana setup that I've seen (and use) are the Monster collet style plugs. Bascially, you insert the plug and twist the cap and it expands and locks in the socket like a vise. A little pricey but they work like a charm.

·
Banned
13 Posts
If you want the great function of the Nakamichis without having to worry about buying a cheap knockoff or getting ripped off check these out.

Sewell Silverbacks

I have bought straight from Sewell many times and had good experiences. These banana plugs are rock solid and work great. Can't argue with 31 reviews and a perfect 5 star rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.