AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My htpc is having all sorts of problems with playing DVDs (more below) so I thought I'd give NVDVD a try. But I can't seem to FIND it anywhere. Even the nVidia website doesn't seem to have a section where you can download the trial version. Are they not making it anymore? Or can you only get it bundled with some hardware? I see posts here all the time with people using 2.55 or even 3.0 versions of the Software - where'd they get it from?

As to the problems I'm having - I've got PowerDVDxp version 4. I'm using an X10 remote control and the "Total Home Remote" software that came with it (Girder's just got too much of a learning curve for me). Well, for some reason, PowerDVD won't accept commands from the remote even though it's sending the same keyboard commands that DO work with PowerDVD.

I tried using Zoomplayer, and that worked great for awhile...except I couldn't get it to do "incremental" FF/RW speedup (eg: first press 2x, second press 4x, third press 8x) even though I had enabled that in the settings. It was either 4x or nothing. And I couldn't get ffdshow to work - said it couldn't load the library.

Still, it worked well enough (and through myHTPC, which was a bonus) - up until I tried getting ffdshow to work. After messing with ffdshow and Zoomplayer for a couple hours, I finally gave up on that, uninstalled ffdshow and removed the ffdshow filter selection from Zoomplayer's config screen - but for some reason, now Zoomplayer plays all DVDs at 4x speed; I can't get it to playback normal speed with sound. So, I'm back to watching DVDs through PowerDVD straight, and having no remote control, which SUCKS.

Anybody got any ideas?

--KS

· Registered
102 Posts
I'm using the NVDVD 3.0 that was available at viewsonic's site.

I don't see any difference in quality between WinDVD 5 and NvDVD 3. So, you can try WinDVD 5 and see if you like it and solve your problems.

· Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hotalot
I'm using the NVDVD 3.0 that was available at viewsonic's site.

I don't see any difference in quality between WinDVD 5 and NvDVD 3. So, you can try WinDVD 5 and see if you like it and solve your problems.
NVDVD 3.0 allegedly does not have Chroma Bug, which WINDVD5 has big time!!! WINDVD5 is also quite difficult to setup in ZP. Requires additional filters and registry change.

I am hunting for NVDVD3 all this time and it is nowhere to be found!!! Presumably Viewsonic posted some beta version. Arghhhh...

· Registered
109 Posts
Does NVDVD 2.55 (allegedly) have chroma bug?

I have the trial install to NVDVD 2.55. I could give it to you, if that is allowed. I'm not sure if there are any issues with distributing it or not. I wouldn't think so at all, but Nvidia definately removed it from their site quite a while back for some reason, maybe because it is so easy to crack.

It has been a real pain to keep up with that install file for this long.

I'm trying to use zp, with nvdvd and ffdshow. Zp and nvdvd codecs seem to work great, but if i throw ffdshow into the mix, the whole screen turns green.

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frankly at this point, I just want to get back to where I can use my remote control to FF/RW. I just know it was some setting I changed when I was monkeying with FFDShow that caused Zoomplayer to show everything at 4x normal speed - I wish there was a "back up your settings" option.

A friend of mine just got a video card that came with NVDVD, and he's going to loan it to me to try out and see how that works. And I may just completely uninstall/re-install Zoomplayer; hopefully it completely wipes out its settings when you do that.

--KS

· Registered
2,555 Posts
klingon:

ZP has an option to export its setting (export button on the advanced options dialog). It also ships with a program to reset its setting called "defaultsettings.exe" in the zoom player directory.

· Registered
107 Posts
For NVDVD 2.55, Filemirrors is your friend. Use the "contains" option with "NVDVD" and you'll find links to the trial version.

For NVDVD 3.00, the Viewsonic version is available through an XPMCE forum. Do a search in that forum and you'll find it.

For ZP use, you may need to install 2.55 first then extract 3.00 over it.

Late!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.