AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a few weeks ago being able to tune into all of ABC's HD content on KNXV-TV 15 on my DTC-100. It was great. I saw Bugs Life, Alias, and all of the great programming in all of its HD splendor.

Now every single program is downconverted, and not just down converted in high quality, but downcoverted with little wormy artifacts which make it look worse than the non digital signal.

KNXV-TV has gone from being the best digital station in Phoenix to the absolute worst... with the worst possible downconverted digital quality, and absolutely no passthrough of any of ABC's HD content.

What's the xxxx is going on?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I posted here the other day that KNXV won't answer my emails. They used to reply right away. I first thought it might be a technical problem, but now I'm afraid it's the dreaded "management decision".

Al Keown

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well if you are on the mailing list, you would have recieved an email from Jeff on Oct 01, that stated this:

As many of you noticed over the weekend, we are having problems with our HD receiver from ABC. ABC is trying to get us a new one ASAP, but we are not sure on the timeline. I will notify you ASAP.

Jeff Harrelson

Program Director

KNXV-TV ABC 15, DT 56

Now, I would hope that the problem would have been fixed by now, but if you guys say it looks bad, then maybe it has not. What you are then watching is the upconverted NTSC. I havent been able to watch any HD for about a month now, so I can't say what I see on my equipment. Here is hoping that it is fixed in time for Saving Ryan's Privates.

·
Registered
110 Posts
By the way, guys, KNXV is owned by Scripps-Howard, a Cincinnati-based company. Scripps' Cincy station, WCPO, is the most viewer-oriented digital station in Cincinnati. They even have a separate web site dedicated specifically to WCPO-DT. I'd be very surprised to hear that a Scripps station would make a management decision against HD. In my experience, they are always very responsive to questions, comments, and criticism.

·
Registered
22,304 Posts
I hope its fixed for good!!!??? "NYPD Blue" tonight was true HD and sensational!!! Sound was only DD 2.0, which in my system sounds great with Circle Cinema and my CAsablanca 2. Hope they'll pass on the DD 5.1 signal one of these days soon!

And hope this means the rest of the ABC HD programs will be in HD. We shall see!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.