AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2009 Ford F150 and it came with 6 months of Sirius Satellite Radio. So far I like it. Just have a few questions though.

Afterwards how much can I expect to pay if I keep it?

What if I want to get another receiver for my wife after my 6 month free period? Does it work like my DirectV, where I pay for a base package then $5 for each additional receiver?

Is there anything else I should know?

· Registered
234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnBayViper /forum/post/16846053

I just bought a new 2009 Ford F150 and it came with 6 months of Sirius Satellite Radio. So far I like it. Just have a few questions though.

Afterwards how much can I expect to pay if I keep it?

What if I want to get another receiver for my wife after my 6 month free period? Does it work like my DirectV, where I pay for a base package then $5 for each additional receiver?

Is there anything else I should know?

The Ford dealer should have provided you with a pamphlet with that information. You can also go to the Sirius web site and hover over "What is Sirius" and click on "Packages and Services."

The package you have during the free trial is the Sirius Everything package. which is $12.95 / month or $142.45 / year (you get 1 month free.) Also with this package, additional radios are $6.99 / month.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
Also 'additional/secondary' radios on an account are now $8.99 a month, not $6.99 a month.. AND after July 29th there will be another $0.97 a month Music Royalty Fee for each additional/secondary radio..So after that date secondary radios will be $9.96 a month.

Unless of course you sign up for a long term subscription, yada, yada,yada..

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With my new tuck purchase I get 6 months free of Sirius Everything.

Can I add Sirius Internet for $2.99/month ($18 for 6 months)?

Will the Sirius Internet addition include The Virus, channel 197, just for online listening or will they make me upgrade my main package to Sirius Everything with the Best of XM?

· Registered
9,434 Posts
You will need the Best of XM to have that channel online and the other XM channels in that package.

Sure seems like SXM are trying to dump customers by jacking the prices when people are trying to cut back expenses. I'm on my third year of $77/year XM and need to do something about my wife's new van that has XM expiring in a couple weeks. I will not pay anywhere near $12.95 + $1.98 for what they offer. The $77/year is pretty much the sweet spot in my opinion.

· Registered
779 Posts
CheeseheadViper, I'm pretty sure everyone gets the basic low-bandwidth sirius-internet for free with any sirius-radio subscription, and the extra $2.99/month is only if you want the high-bandwidth sirius-internet.

But I could be way out of date with that info, so here is one way to verify:

You can find out by logging into your sirius account - maybe you just have to set the password/username for the internet-player account. It requires that you set up a specific account/password combo in addition to your main/billing account.

Not sure about that "virus" channel, dude, but i can't find it on my online player currently. (I do not have best-of-XM.)

(Great name they picked for that channel by the way- fire that marketing dude immediately before he names another channel -

obviously that name was from the XM side of the house not Sirius!)

· Registered
2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie845 /forum/post/16850112

Also 'additional/secondary' radios on an account are now $8.99 a month, not $6.99 a month.. AND after July 29th there will be another $0.97 a month Music Royalty Fee for each additional/secondary radio..So after that date secondary radios will be $9.96 a month.

Unless of course you sign up for a long term subscription, yada, yada,yada..

Yes. To the OP, the smart move is to make a decision whether you want SR or not soon, and long before the trial period runs out. If you sub for a multi-year early, you will avoid the rate increase until it runs out.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat /forum/post/16899344

Yes. To the OP, the smart move is to make a decision whether you want SR or not soon, and long before the trial period runs out. If you sub for a multi-year early, you will avoid the rate increase until it runs out.

If I do purchase a year, when does it start? Will it start after the 6 months that I have already or will I forfit the 6 months free trial? So I would have it then for 18 months?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.