AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering purchasing this unit and im wondering what the going rate is? Thanks in advance!

Andy

·
Registered
45 Posts
AVS' price is the best I've seen (call jason turk)

Maybe he can get us a deal on several projectors? I have another friend who is also interested in the PLV-60. Any o ther interested buyers out there? I know the possibility of a "power buy" was discussed earlier on this forum. Jason, are you out there?

Parag

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the avsforum price? I have seen this at projectorpeople for $5,899. Do they better that? If so ill probably buy it tomorrow.

Andy

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Do yourself a favor and deal with AVS. You'll be glad you did. They're our kinda folks!

Dan

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am really looking for a store with a great return policy though in case this projector does not perform the way I expect it to in my room. I think a 12.5%-15% restocking fee is a little too much to be honest. I know some places give you a free 30 day window, but I would probably know right away if it meets my expectations.

Andy

·
Registered
5,132 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
FYI....

I purchased my PLV-60HT from Projector People when the price was higher... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

They gave excellent service, I had a deal with free over-night delivery. If you ask them, they will even have their QA deptartment open the box and fire up the projector to check for DOA, dead pixels, and any other problems.

I am a very satisfied customer. Now if they only had some price protection policy I would *really* be happy!

Yes, their return policy is not the best, but I had no intention of returing.

Robert

·
Registered
280 Posts
Projector People ship fast and seem quite honest and fair, but be sure to read their return policy, including the lamp hour clause. It's hard to audition a PLV-60 if you can't put more than 4 hours on the lamp without paying a $720 restocking fee. On the other hand, their customer service manager is top-notch; talk to her before you order if you have specific concerns.

I am getting very interested in this deal myself.

Mike

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks guys. Now I believe the price is true, with W11 and 16:9 DLP out soon, it has to be lower. And this makes me real headache, to wait or to buy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.