AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting. Somehow I stumbled onto this site trying to find information on what manufacturers of dlp projectors are doing to reduce the rainbow effect, and what new products are being developed. I have owned CRT's in the past, as well as owned an LP350, which I did not keep due to the constant rainbow acid trip. Since then, I have tried to keep current on the new products that promise the reduction or elimination of the rainbow problem, and was most interested in the Infocus HT for reasons of the best value. My personal opinion is that a wide-XGA dlp with excellent colors, contrast, video processing and no rainbow effect for somewhere below $5k on the street is on it's way, and it will take a company like Infocus to first offer it. Companies like DWIN and Seleco and Sharp are pushing the home theater technology front, which is great, but I wouldn't expect them be offering the best value once others jump in, like Infocus, or Sony (provided Sony will ever enter the dlp home market). Just look at the best values being offered today - these same companies are likely to be offering the next generation best values, as well. So, that brings me to my question? What's the latest on the Infocus HT? Anyone?

------------------

So, who do you think you are, Dirk Diggler?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any of you punks want to answer me or what. Here punky punky punky. Seriously, is anyone down with Infocus HT or are you all just content with the first generation RGBRGB wide-xga dlp projectors. I was at CEDIA on Sunday, and I saw them all - very nice - no rainbows (and I was extremely sensitive to the LP350), good contrast, colors, etc. But hold on a minute, Sir Spend A. Lot, hold on your cash, man, because the prices will be half of what they are now in 6 months for comparable products. Who loves ya baby!?!

------------------

So, who do you think you are, Dirk Diggler?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Infocus got a lot of us excited back in January with apparent promises of two great projectors for ~3K$-5K$ (possibly) BUT despite repeated queries here and everywhere, there just is no word at all about them - other than the LP530 "isn't it".

This also frustrates me, but it isn't "our" fault - there just isn't any info to be had. Enough people are asking about it/them that I am sure that any scrap of data will be promptly announced here. We even get info about imaginary projectors!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Take a look at this post from a couple of days ago.
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008786.html

Someone mentioned that the InFocus take over of Proxima has brought the company to a stand still. Maybe that has halted development of the HT projs. Hopefully we'll hear more at CES (which is still 4 months away).

-phil

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I made many calls and emails to Infocus concerning their HT projector. All resulting in a blank stare. None of them even knew about their HT webpage until I sent them the link. Based upon this, I wouldn't plan on this unit hitting the shelves anytime soon.

In my case, I promised my family a HT for last Christmas, but delayed it upon news of the new Infocus projector. Well I can wait no longer, I ordered the LT150 tonight.

Jon

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I spoke with the product manager at the Infocomm show.

He said it would be this fall. Frankly, I had expected it by CEDIA.

I suspect that they may be evaluating the situation WRT the new crop of 16X9 WXGA machines presented at CEDIA. Time will tell.

The 530 is not the new HT machine.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlsmith:
I spoke with the product manager at the Infocomm show.

He said it would be this fall.
== That is consistent with information from the Infocus CFO. His presentation to investors mentioned entering the Home Theater market 'late in 2001'.

-- The PDF file of this presentation was given in a recent thread.

-- Their intent to enter the market is clear, hopefully when they announce product, it will be available. (wouldn't that be refreshing in this industry!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.