AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to finally find something in the 32-37”, probably 37” range in LCD to use as a computer monitor 99% and 1% video (through the computer too). So I would only require digital inputs.

I don’t want to buy something from a brand name like Sharp or Panasonic and pay $1.5k premium just for the name. I use the computer a lot, >8 hours a day of static images, and I’ve managed to burn in an 19” Viewsonic LCD, so more than likely after I use this LCD TV it won’t have much resale value either.

I’d like something that I can sit close by, in a comfortable recliner, and have the 16:9 format which would fit stuff I do side by side perfectly in 1400 horizontal pixels or so.

How can I test in the stores which models will give me 1:1 as far as computers go?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
you need to go read the main westinghouse thread on this forum. I bought the 37 inch westy exclusivly for PC use as I already have other TVs for regular viewing. I get perfect 1920 x 1080 resolution via DVI and sit 1 foot from the screen and use it like a regular PC monitor.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Tonic
you need to go read the main westinghouse thread on this forum. I bought the 37 inch westy exclusivly for PC use as I already have other TVs for regular viewing. I get perfect 1920 x 1080 resolution via DVI and sit 1 foot from the screen and use it like a regular PC monitor.
I think 0.426 mm pitch is a bit too high for a computer monitor though ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no questions about the Westy, it's only available silver. :D

My question was more generic: what are the telltale signs that a set can do 1:1? Should I look for 1080p support?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.