Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice and opinions.

On my third lamp in my 60"WE and startup problems beginning again. Replacement sets not in till March and don't think Sears is going to kick in for a fourth lamp if this one goes out. Otherwise great set with no stuck pixels.

Two questions;

- should I try to get the board fix and keep this set...operating under assumption that no permanent damage has been done yet...and that these fixes will actually last for the life of the set?

- leave this sucker on non-stop until I can get a replacement? Hence the thread title.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'd talk to Sears to see what they prefer, assuming they have already planned on replacing the set.

It sounds like the board update/replacement would probably solve the problem, if you've gone through several lamps without success.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
My suggestion is to use Mjollnir on it! It is no match for a weapon of the gods!

If you have had three bad bulbs already then Sears will take the TV back under the Lemon Law(Four Service visits and then they have to replace it). Then just go stand in line for a new one somewhere else. However, if you are happy with no stuck pixels and the coldest black screen ever, then keep it by all means.

How many service visits have they done, what have they done on the service visits, and when was your last service visit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.