AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Jimmy,

I can't understand why it's a hyperlink, but I could see it as being useful for knowing how deep you are in a long thread like the "How Old are You?" one that's currently running.

Other than that, I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Mark, I guess it's just another of life's mysteries :)

I hope you guys had a good Holiday. Say Hi to you know who for me.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
What do you mean? That's a great feature. By clicking on it, it takes you directly to where you are.

It's one more way to reinforce our "center of the universe" egos;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
my guess is that it makes it easier to link to a specific post within a thread, rather than the entire thread. if you click on it, you'll notice that the postid shows up in the url, and if you link to that address, it will take you directly to that post rather than to the top of the thread.

i'm glad you pointed it out--when i put together the plv-70 guide, i had to click on "edit message" (even if i didn't own the message) so i could see the post id.

bob

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you have people in your kill file it will let you see you have missed a post by them as it would skip a number

like in this thread I can not see post #3

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But if that's the case you wouldn't have seen the thread. Hmmmmmmm.

Tycoondoggie you lied again, I must be on your "buddy" list.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
bbobbo is correct in it's use.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
damm where is post 8 and 10

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I used to cheat (in the HTPC section) by reporting the post to the moderator (me) and then using that direct link to guide people to a precise point... Now you can all do it (and I can do it in the other forums) to cool for school !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.