AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions on the green blob issue on Sony SXRDs. First, what exactly is it? Do you know it without a question if you have it? Second, what is the real scoop on this issue with the newly purchased Sony SXRDs, specifically the 50A2000? If it is still a real concern, is it the type of thing that is present from the first minute you get the TV home and turn it on, or is it something that can develop over time and just appear out of nowhere? Is there a fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 60 inch XBR1 (KDS-R60XBR1), purchased about 10 months ago. I have never had any issues like this "green glob". But last night I was watching Million Dollar Baby (recorded on a Motorola DCT3412 I DVR from HBOHD) and I noticed odd green shades - almost like globs - but not just in the center of the screen, all over, depending on the shading in the scene. My wife did not seem to notice it, but after a while, I began to worry that something was going. So, after the movie, I checked out a bunch of HD channels, but was not able to reproduce it. Perhaps in my case, it is just a function of my color choices, along with this particular movie.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did quite a bit of research on the SXRD's before I purchased the XBR2. I have yet to see any confirmed reports of the green blob problem on recent (post XBR1) SXRD TV's. I am quite happy with my 60" XBR2.

And yes, the SXRD spammer above strikes again. This person obviously has some grudge against Sony and takes every opportunity to slam them. Fortunately, they are easy to spot because they always follow up their slam with a recommendation for Mits DLP's.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Noticed that Silicon Optix mentions its new Geo chip can cure this problem, although that won't help those seeing it currently, and it's not certain upcoming SXRD sets will all use the chip. Other features, such as being able to 'warp' RGB signals for better convergence and equalize the pixel outputs seem beneficial--if it's not just hype. -- John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.