AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have subtitles on on my DVD player and set the QS to film mode, I get these flickers frequently. I guess it is due to the QS's inability to handle bad edits.

What is the solution? Put the QS in motion mode?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lwang
When I have subtitles on on my DVD player and set the QS to film mode, I get these flickers frequently. I guess it is due to the QS's inability to handle bad edits.

What is the solution? Put the QS in motion mode?
This is because the QS has Vertical Temporal deinterlacing. what this really means is that it can only process 1 type of source material at a time. In this case you have a still image (subtitle) over film. You can try DSP auto mode but there are trade offs in doing this, and the improvement isn't that great.

The only way to improve this is to get a scaler that has pixel based processing rather than VT. Our new CenterStage has pixel based processing which is superior to VT processing however the cost is higher than the QS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use the Quadscan Elite with Motion mode, and I don't think there is any problems with subtitles. If you use a 100Hz test, you will find the Motion mode is better than Film Mode.

Lars E. Jørgensen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.