AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thanks to everyone who responded to my last question about the best HDTV monitor. I value everyones opinions and mostly my reason for a direct view is space saving.

You guys seemed to have quite an interest in the Loewe Aconda 38 inch model. Frankly I hadn't heard of it until you guys mentioned it, but now I am quite interested. I did an extensive search online and at this time I could find very little. Can anyone give me specs and other info on this set? What does it come with? Would you say that the line doubler is better than getting an Iscan Pro for it? I could find one dealer online who was selling so I assume it is actually out now. It was 5,500. I am a video perfectionist at heart but would you guys say its worth spending that much for it? I mean I know the proscan and RCA models are based on the same tube at least. I'm guessing those don't even come close. Am I correct in that assumption? Thanks to everyone for there assistance. Its either the Loewe or the Sampo 34-inch. What to do...

Matthew

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Matt,

Read my post responding to your first thread. I'd stick with your first pick (Panny) but try to see the Sampo if you can. I've never seen it, but the Panny remains the best I've seen, and I have seen the smaller Loewe.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
My experience with Loewe/Sensory Science has been anything but satisfactory. Frankly, Sensory Science dropped the ball big time. I have a $3500 Loewe set that has serious defects but "meets factory specs." See my post here

------------------
J.Mike
Enjoying HDTV in DC (for now)

My DVD Collection
My Home Theatre

·
Registered
332 Posts
Matt -

Since I informed you the Aconda 38" is not out yet, I thought I would enclose the reply a local dealer sent me on 7-3-01 (the date will be important in the context of their message).

"The new 38" HDTV set will start production in 30 days and it will be 60 day delivery for any orders that are placed now. The pricing is around $5,500.00 for either color."

The "color" remark refers to the outer casing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.