AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HDTV that is about 3 rooms away from our DishHD VIP 722 DVR. Due to many circumstances, I'd rather not run a 100' HDMI cable to get the HD signal to the TV.

What is the current status of the so-called WIRELESS HDMI "solution"??

I had heard that Gefen had something for $1,000 and Philips may/may not have a product. Is there anything that works over 50 feet, through 2 walls, and costs under, say, $400???

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nothing yet available. The Gefen device, for example, is still in "preorder" status.

The only immediate solution for HDMI besides using a copper cable, is to run a thin, fishline type fiber-optic cable such as from Owlink.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
23,073 Posts
Correct me where appropriate:

My math shows me for 1080p24 -> (1920 pixels x 1080 pixels x 30 bits-per-HDMI-pixel x 24 pixel-frames-per-second) / 8 bits-per-byte = 178 MBytes/second (1024 based)

So with a 50% reduction with lossless compression (I don't know the real %) that leaves 89 MBytes/second that has to flow through the air. Wireless N is 100 Mbits. There's still roughly an order of magnitude missing. 720p60, 1080p60 and 1080i60 would be even more bits, yes?

Is there a wireless M available?

larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.