AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Cox cable in Baton Rouge. I'm going to purchase a plasma this week and I'll be upgrading to Cox's HD service.

Does anyone have any experience with Cox's High Def receiver and DVR? I use Tivo right now and I know the GUI won't be nearly as nice but I'm just curious about the quality of the HD recording, reliability, etc.

Anyone use Cox's HD DVR?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker
Did you see this thread?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=445701

There might be some info in the N.O. thread also:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=357741
Thanks Hiker. Yes I did see those.

I figured that Cox would use the same HD receiver and DVR in many markets though and I would have better luck in finding someone who has used/ is using them.

I'm more interested in the hardware itself than I am any regionally specific information. Thanks for the links though.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Each Cox location does not even use the same brand of HD DVR equipment some locations use Motorola and others use Scientific Atlanta equipment and those that do use the same equipment do not all use the samefirmware or software releases so you have to use the local thread to find out what COX is using in N. O. and then you can go to the HDTV Receiver Sub-Forum forum and follow the corresponding equiment and software thread.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford
Each Cox location does not even use the same brand of HD DVR equipment some locations use Motorola and others use Scientific Atlanta equipment and those that do use the same equipment do not all use the samefirmware or software releases so you have to use the local thread to find out what COX is using in N. O. and then you can go to the HDTV Receiver Sub-Forum forum and follow the corresponding equiment and software thread.
Thanks Walford. That's surprising. I wonder why Cox uses so many different systems. Doesn't seem very efficient.

Anyway thanks again. I'll call Cox to find out what hardware they use in Baton Rouge and follow up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.