AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 43" hitachi, and Ive read that after 3 months, you should have some1 come out and service and calibrate it, and after that you are good to go forever. Is this true? If so, how much does it cost?

------------------

----------------

Amazon & Buy.com

coupons Found Here

·
Registered
33,594 Posts
I think the rationale here is that your RPTV needs a certain amount of operational time to "break in". You don't want to calibrate a set before this break-in period since you'd only have to recalibrate it soon thereafter.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of never having to calibrate again after it's been ISFd the first time. RPTVs do have a tendency to lose their calibration as they age. I would be surprised if you didn't have to perform another convergence or gray scale adjustment years after the first one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Where does one go to have it calibrated/converged? Any idea on a good price for such a procedure?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does this hold true for Mits RPTV? If so, same question regarding where to go to find a local tech jock. I have had my Mits for 8 months and would liek to tighten it up for good.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Go to the Imaging Science Foundation website dealer search. Select your state and 'ISF-trained dealers with calibration equipment', and you'll have a list of people in your area to contact.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.