AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen conflicting info online that the Chief mount is 13/16" thick and another saying it's 2" thick. The place I'm putting the plasma has very high visibility from the edge so the thinner the better. Also, the under $100 mounts on ebay or anywhere else, are they any good? I'm not looking for a mount to do any stupid pet tricks, just hold the display on the wall and keep it there, even during earthquakes. This is for a42" Panasonic plasma.

·
Read the FAQ!
36,027 Posts
Keep in mind that Plasmas generate a lot of heat and need to be able to dissipate it so that the electronics don't fry. One of the jobs of the wall mount hardware is to establish an air gap between the back of the plasma and the wall so that the wall doesn't warm up so much it interferes with the heat dissipation.

Check the user manual for your plasma as to the manufacturer's recommended spacing off the wall

--Bob

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've just received a Chief PSM-2051 flat mount. The mount itself is exactly one inch thick. It comes with spacers that go in between the mount and the plasma, which adds another quarter inch. If you also get the lateral shift accessory, add another half inch, for a total of 1.75".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.