1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do a search on this forum for MP1200. Several people have asked, but no one responded. It looks promising, but the contrast ratio is low compared to current models.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like the MP1200 is a discontinued product on the HP website. Just do a search for MP1200 on the mainpage and the third link down is the discontinued products link. Sorry, I don't have 5 posts yet so there's no URL linking.

I dunno, I was thinking hard about it yesterday too because I think $900 is a really good deal too, but TigerDirect doesn't allow you to return the product if it's a HP/Compaq device. So, if it's not that good, you can't return it at all.

I'm sure it's a very nice projector though, and for $900 it's hard to go wrong. It does better resolution than the X1, though I think many more people have X1's than MP1200's. I think it's a tough call.

Anyone actually have one of these to say yay or nay on?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'd be a little leery of spending $900 at Tiger Direct. They've had all sorts of issues

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/n...33000027000500

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record.

Specifically our files show a pattern of complaints alleging

dissatisfaction with product quality and performance, failure

to deliver promised goods or services, failure to eliminate

basic cause of complaints, misrepresentation in advertising and

marketing practices

·
Registered
190 Posts
My first MP1200 was defective. I just got a replacement from eCost and it's much better. I think it's weak points are:

1)Blacks are not black enough

2)It doesn't produce the color yellow very well.

But for the price it's a bright and sharp image. My [email protected] looks awesome on it. I am projecting it to about 90" with a throw of 10'.

It has a DVi input but there is very little differnence between that and the VGA. On other projector's I have used there was more difference.

I think this a great unit for $740, but I'll post a followup next week.

-Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.