AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to see what show out there you all love for it's look in HD, but the show absolutely stinks.

My vote is for Father of the Pride. I LOVE how the show looks in HD, visually stunning. This is especially incredible because NBC has issues with doing the whole HD thing,

Of course I really can't stand FOTP besides the visual (and DD5.1 sound). It's not very funny, especially the segments with Siegfried & Roy. The real S & R are executive producers on the show, so it's no surprise that they are not made fun of on the show, but rather we are laughing "with them."

I also think FOTP was a promotional vehicle for A Shark Tale. Dreamworks is willing to do whatever they can to make at least half as much money as the Shrek movies do, and this includes creating a TV series to help garner interest in A Shark Tale.

A Shark Tale is doing ok, but nowhere near the numbers Dreamworks would like to see. That will probably mean Dreamworks wouldn't continue this garbage show after 1 season even if the ratings were decent. Lucky for us, the ratings are slipping, and as our premier/cancellation dates thread says about FOTP,

"The cancellation clock is ticking,"

·
Registered
879 Posts
HDTV viddy man it all looks good until we have enough content that we can become picky on what we watch LOL.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
From what i've seen it has to be NBC's Hawaii. Some people have reported horrible picture quality from this show but what i'm seeing from my provider is nothing short of outstanding. Almost 3d in some scenes.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
It was Hawaii, hands down.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I guess this is where you'd get a lot of different opinions. For example, I don't find FotP to be all that stunning of animation. Monsters Inc. upconverted off DVD is much better.

Also, I've only watched the first Life as We Know It, but I thought it was pretty good for a first episode.

Finally, some obvious examples were left off. In addition to Hawaii, CSI-Miami should be a poll choice.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I loved the scenary over HD in Hawaii... Too bad it's gone. And I never had a problem with PQ, but there's no multicasting here, either, which could be the issue, perhaps.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I can't say I've watched any of the shows you've listed... and I am also VERY hesistant to watch ANY new network show, even if it is HD...

In fact the only NEW shows I've picked up this season have been excellent (both PQ and story wise) and they are Lost, and Joey...

My wife has been watching a couple others.. Veronica Mars (pretty interesting, decent PQ) ... Desparate Housewives (no interest for me at all, PQ seems good though) ... Jack and Bobby (I'm not even sure why my wife watches this show...)

I haven't seen, and have no interest in watching any of the other new shows.

Oh wait... I have been watching Father of the Pride... but I think that season pass is getting deleted on my HD-TiVo very soon... Mainly started watching it for the animation... but it's really not a very good show... so I voted for this one in your poll.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Randall Paris Dark
A show I directed and produced called "Bridge Dwellers - the Bats of Austin"
I loved that documentary. We watched it several times. My wife and I take my daughter (11 yrears old) to Austin at least once every summer and stay at the Four Seasons so we can walk over to the bridge and watch the bats come out. It's an incredible sight.

The worst HD programs on TV now are (or were) on NBC. Hawaii and LAX are both horrible shows with incredible PQ. I dont't think Joey is in HD or I would vote for it. The only time I saw it, it was not in HD.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
CSI Miami.... can't take David Caruso anymore...

But seriously, Father of the Pride looks stunning, but absolutely unwatchable program.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny5.1
Jay Leno
DING DING DING -- We have a WINNER!

I saw this the first night I had my HD set-up... Never watched it prior, and never watched it since... I can't stand Jay Leno, but the PQ was so awesome, I had to watch that night... :)

In fact I think Governor Arnold was on that night... :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Randall Paris Dark
A show I directed and produced called

"Bridge Dwellers - the Bats of Austin"
I thought that this was a good show. Very interesting. I've watched it several times,

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those of us who get HD only on D* do not get ABC HD, WB HD, or Fox HD (yet) so we can only get one of the shows on your list (Father of the Pride) in HD. The other shows may be terrible, but we are'nt lucky enough to get them. However, there are plenty of bad shows on CBS and NBC as it is.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I must be the only person in the world that actually like Father of the Pride. Nothing great, just a nice mindless half hour show.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.