AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the forum looking for some interesting threads and I saw that there were no more threads regarding the new, brilliant, superb, fantastic H55 ...

What's happened ?

I was also asking myself : H55 or HP XB31 ?

Bye

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mark,

See the other xb31 vs. h55 post for a reply. However, I think the specifications and price on the xb31 have taken attention away from the H55. I think we will have to wait for a shootout before any conclusions can be reached. Anyone?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would like to know if anyone has bought the H55 and sent it back, after concluding that it was overrated. Based on personal experience I consider the 755 quite overrated, and in spite of a handful of forum members singing its praises, it seems like no one is actually buying it or the H55.

Come on, guys. Speak up. I need positive reviews from more members before I risk a $700 restocking fee on a potentially disappointing PJ.

Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody speeks more about it ?

The strange thing is that this pj seems to be a great one....

I saw it one time and it was great but now ?

Compared to the xb31 ? with a difference of 1000$ ....don't know ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
H55 will get ruled out by Optoma in favor of H56.

The H55 has bugs in his inputs and video modules.

Regards,

Ricky D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What bugs ? Please tell us ....

Does anyone know when the H56 will arrive .....

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ Ricky D

Sorry you are wrong; there will be an optimized version for Europe, - in Europe there will be PAL used, not NTSC; using PAl it will be a big differnce to NTSC; please have a look at the filmmode, please have a look at vertical frequency - 60Hz at NTSC and 50Hz at PAL - and also at the resolution.

A pj roughly designed for NTSC cannot be used for PAL

Arriving of the H56

I´would say have a look at Q4 of 2002; then also from other suppliers like InFocus the new HD2 with 1260x720 native resolution, 12° angel and new surface and a contratsratio of 1800:1 will be avaiable

hb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.