AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press releases galore a month ago...HDTV on all movies and the first James Bond movies all in high def. It seems that Apollo 13, last week, and Liar Liar(this week), both with HDTV simulcast logos on their web:

ABC Movies

were shown in SD, at least in LA.

Any word from ABC why they dropped the HD on these two and the deletion of the James Bond movies from their schedule? I suspect Toy Story 1 & 2 will be in high def, what about the rest of their future movie programming??

Do appreciate their other new series HD programming!!!!

Any ABC exec lurkers??:D

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
HMMM,

Four letters maybe???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I gotta admit, I'm pretty pissed as well. I sat the family down to watch Liar Liar in glorious HDTV and I get SD. My wife actually said, "Are we going to watch it anyway?", implying that if it wasn't HDTV, it wasn't worth watching.

And frankly, I don't like to watch network movies because of the re-edits and mostly the commercials. HDTV is the only thing that's brought me back to watching network movies. And to be gyped again (First Apollo 13 and now Liar Liar) is just getting to be too much.

Apparenly, ABC still doesn't have a clue.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Portland, OR was SD as well, then they threw vinegar on the wound and output Alias in SD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.