AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the intro to the CBS CSI show in standard definition? Anyone noticed that? New York City CBS switched to HD after the intro...really weird.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i noticed... just a fluke.. nothing to get your panties in a bundle about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know if I'd call the last 3 (4?) episodes a fluke...

it's annoying, but nice to know it's happening elsewhere besides NYC...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that's why I said it was weird...it only started about 3 episodes ago. It was fine before then.

Quote:
Originally posted by holysin
I don't know if I'd call the last 3 (4?) episodes a fluke...

it's annoying, but nice to know it's happening elsewhere besides NYC...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I noticed it in Dallas and gave the station a call (news department). The woman who answered was very friendly, put me on hold a second to call engineering and it flipped while I was watching. I think they still need a little nudging every so often.

Mike Marolda

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? so you think the flip to HD was done as a result of your call or what? I figure all the "flipping" would be done automatically..hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by mmarolda
I noticed it in Dallas and gave the station a call (news department). The woman who answered was very friendly, put me on hold a second to call engineering and it flipped while I was watching. I think they still need a little nudging every so often.

Mike Marolda

·
Registered
760 Posts
It also happened on the DISH WCBS-DT feed.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I noticed this too the last 2 episodes. Also last night I noticed that after the 2nd or 3rd commercial, after the commercial it cut back to the show and it was 4:3 and in standard. After about 4 seconds it changed back to 16:9 Hidef. What gives...? Do they have a computer that throws the switch or is it a person??

Mike Flanagan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pericles
really? so you think the flip to HD was done as a result of your call or what? I figure all the "flipping" would be done automatically..hehe

I'd like to think so ;-). I don't think it's automatic because it's happened at different times in the show over the past month. The nice lady's other comments indicated that some human intervention was necessary (she called it a button instead of a switch).

Mike Marolda

·
Registered
179 Posts
FYI - DISH's KCBS-DT has been fine since I've started watching a few weeks ago...so it must be those slackers on the east coast...he he he...

Tim

·
Registered
830 Posts
It was definitely a WCBS-DT rather than a network issue. When I saw the intro in NY in 4x3, I immediately switched to KYW-DT from Philly, which was broadcasting it in 16x9HD. I flipped back and forth, and NY was SD and Philly was HD.

·
Registered
313 Posts
mmarolda

I too called KTVT on the CSI being upconverted. I spoke to TOC and they changed to HD while I was on the phone. I like this show even if it is on another network

JStigler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.