AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago there was an announcement (or rumor) that HdNet would go 24 hours. Since then many HD Guides show a 24 hour schedule for the channel and yet all I get is PPV during the 11pm to 7?am slot. Even on these pages mcuban said the PPV was just temporary after the launch of 198 and he was straightening it out??

So where are these people getting the overnight program listings and who is showing it?? Or is it all a conspiracy to screw with my brain?

Don't tell me I have to tune into Channel 426.....

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,654 Posts
199 still has HDTV PPV movies from 2am to 10am.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
199 still has HDTV PPV movies from 2am to 10am.
The question is what is this HD programming info from HDNET and will they ever go overnite?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Don't forget that HDNet is carried by more than just Direct TV. It is also carried by a few cable networks. So they may be broadcasting it 24/7 hence the 24/7 schedule.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It isn't a simple as flipping a switch to go 24 hours a day with hdnet. They would have to redo the contract - that is what someone in corporate told me. I alerted them to the guide and asked if they planned on going 24 hours with it - they informed me that it was just a mistake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HDNet and HDNet Movies are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our broadcast day with DirecTV ends at Midnight MST, 2 am EST. We have been 24/7 since sometime in January - it's all been a fun but hectic blur here in Master Control. You can check our schedule at www.hd.net which has the program listings for the whole day. And no, we don't show infomercials - thank goodness.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by elJorge
HDNet and HDNet Movies are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our broadcast day with DirecTV ends at Midnight MST, 2 am EST. We have been 24/7 since sometime in January - it's all been a fun but hectic blur here in Master Control. You can check our schedule at www.hd.net which has the program listings for the whole day. And no, we don't show infomercials - thank goodness.
Any idea when DirecTV will go 24/7 with HDNet?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HiDefSooner
Any idea when DirecTV will go 24/7 with HDNet?
Probably when we start paying for it.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I can't imagine that they are getting rich on HD PPV movies from 2am to 10am anyway, so I'm not sure why our paying for it would be a big deal.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So the answer is that no one really knows?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nobody?

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Sounds like DTV is sticking to their contract with HDnet that says they can do PPV at night on 199.

HDnet probably feeds them content 24x7 but they opt to pre-empt it with their PPVs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.