AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else who is currently getting their PBS HD programming from WTVI over the air in Charlotte getting as frustrated as me?

They've loaded up, unfortunately, with 5 multi-cast channels and have put the HD stuff on 11-5. For some reason, my STB (DISH 6000 w/ OTA cartridge) will not lock on to 11-4 and 11-5. No problem with the 11-1, 11-2, 11-3. However, every time I "scan" for the available digital channels, it adds 11-4 and 11-5, but always drops 11-5 and usually drops 11-4. And it doesn't appear as though they're sending the true HD picture through anyway; it's letterboxed into a 16:9 window instead of filling the screen left to right as all true HD content does.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
my channels are scanned in as 58-1 thru 5 and so on, I have not been able to get any HD content from them in awhile. I will need to go and try the 11- channels to see if I can get anything.

I'll give an update tomorrow.

Give the station a call, they have been very helpful in the past when I have talked with the enginnners.

·
Registered
28,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony,

I believe the "58 series" channels are NC Public Television, WUNG, out of Chapel Hill or Greensboro. Don't know where their signal is rebroadcast from in Charlotte since I feel fairly certain that my antenna can't reach as far as G-boro! They are also very "unstable" on my DISH 6000, and sometimes come in as "44 series" channels. In any case, I have not seen any HD programming on WUNG in spite of their plethora of channels. What the heck did they even buy a digital transmitter for?

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
Tony,

I believe the "58 series" channels are NC Public Television, WUNG, out of Chapel Hill or Greensboro. Don't know where their signal is rebroadcast from in Charlotte since I feel fairly certain that my antenna can't reach as far as G-boro! They are also very "unstable" on my DISH 6000, and sometimes come in as "44 series" channels. In any case, I have not seen any HD programming on WUNG in spite of their plethora of channels. What the heck did they even buy a digital transmitter for?
UNC's NTSC channel 58 is broadcast from Concord and is a direct rebroadcast of WUNC channel 4 Chapel Hill. UNC is sending 5 SD channels with -2 not having any programming I have been able to see on the Triad channel 26 (DT-32) or channel 4 directly (DT-59) (I see both here in Greensboro). The 58 series is that UNC channel 4 feed that is fed to all UNC transmitters, NTSC or DTV. WTVI is not affilated with UNC and they are doing something completely different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.