AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im lovin the visuals on HDNET, but they have little to no "real" programming on. I mean let's get real, how many tours of Rome, Mexico and other countries do i have to take? How many times do i have to watch the three BMW Films? And dont get me started on the Mark Cuban show! Love ya Cube, really i do ! I just need real programming ! Even HBO HD is dropping the ball, i mean come on, all the HBO produced events (BAD - boxing after dark, Real Sports, etc.) are in SD. Imagining how good a boxing match would look in HD? Lennox Lewis pummeling some dude in HD would be awesome. I get chills just thinking about it! I think adoption rates of HD would skyrocket once the programming was there. I know we, the HD capable members of this forum, are the minority, but if we started a petition or something across and presented it the broadcast networks, that would have to stand for something wouldnt it?:p

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Don't get HDNet, unfortunately. But when their new HD channels are underway, and they've signed a cablecasting deal with NYC's Time Warner Cable, here's a 'real' programming suggestion. HDNet--or anyone--should get HD transmission rights to the SciFi channel's 10-part current series, "Taken." (site requires Flash). IMO, that'll crown any programmer's schedule, as I've been exclaiming here and here . And, hey, the SciFi channel going HD and initiating its schedule with "Taken" in 1080i would be fine, too--after my cable company signs on. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.