AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....And their Outstanding products and customer service????

Let me tell you, I ordered a set of Diva 6.1's etc and the shipping company goofed got mine and another guy's order mixed up somehow... ~shrug~ I live in Texas the other lives in Boston.

Anyhow I immediately called and spoke with Russell over at ********** and he said he would check into my problem and have Steve call me in an hour or so.. Next thing I know my cel phone is ringing 2 minutes later and who is it? Steve!! He was already investigating the issue and calling the shipping company etc. Then he gave me the shippers explanation or lack of.. He got them on track, and took care of my problem in minutes!! This service is truly great and much appreciated. I'm in agony waiting on my Divas I had to spend last night looking at the other guys unopened boxes on my living room floor hehe.. Oh well a few more days of anticipation..

My other experience was with SVS and I'm pretty sure I don't need to go into great detail on these two guys, Ron and Tom both the most courteous and helpful around. Constantly answering hoards of questions about their own and other brands and giving all kinds of calibration and setup advice.

I'm just thrilled to get this kind of service after years of dealing with corporations with inferior products with little or no care about it's customers. I'm sure you all know this stuff but figured I'd write and express my appreciation for these guys. Sorry for the long speech...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I posted in an Outlaw thread, about an experience which is similar to yours. I ordered an ICBM and UPS lost it. I called Outlaw and the next day a replacement was sent via Fedex..They simply told me if I did get the UPS unit to deny it. Great service. I guess it is an aspect you don't deal with buying local....but hey, I can see more of my HT bucks going to good internet companies :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yet unfortunately I can not say the same thing about my experience.

I purchased two of the 15 inch subs and four of the 18 inch passive radiators from Stryke in the May/June preorder. AU$2500 and FIVE months later I have heard nothing, received none of my purchase and not even received a reply email to my requests for status updates. Now, don't get me wrong. I am cool and very laidback kind of fellow. But I would like to have an idea of where my goods are.

Some people received their subs two months ago. Others received their passive radiators about a month ago. So where are mine?

Stryke Audio and John Janowitz, I am waiting....

Matthew

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

Well let me first say that I have had dealings with Perpetual Technology / ********** quite recently.

I wrote a review of the P1-A / P3-A for a UK Hi Fi magazine. Whilst carrying out the review I needed some information on the P1-A / P3-A units. I phoned up Perpetual / ********** and Steve Ozmai answered the phone. Not only did he help me out with the information I needed, but also put me in touch with company president Mark L Schifter. After discussing the products with him at great length we got onto the subject of Internet sales. He strongly believes (as does Steve) that not only must Internet based companies sell products at highly competitive prices (using the fact that they have no distributor / dealer margin to pay for and passing that saving onto the consumer) but also the customer service must be at worst what you'd expect at a quality high end store. In other words it must exemplary.

Now based on what I've been reading across this board I can see that av123 is truly delivering this service and it is really going to make every other retailer look at what they're doing and compare it to the level that av123 has set for the industry. As Ross E said, if this carries on, these companies will see a LOT of business going their way.

It makes such a refreshing change to see companies not only saying they'll put the client first, but actually backing that up with actions that please a discerning crowd like those who populate this forum.

Regards and best wishes,

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't say enough good things about SV. Except they had the NERVE to come out with something better than what I bought from them 8 months ago. ;) I mean, really, just make the best product you'll ever have right off the bat, and sell it to me cheaply. How hard is that?:D

And let's not forget Bettercables - quality construction, service, price based on reality, what more do we need?

And when I think about all the Highpressure, High$$$ salesfreaks whom I HAVEN'T had to deal with whilst buying AV gear, I start to get misty.

Small business is where it's at, that's all I can say.

-John

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by analogueaddict
Hi,

Well let me first say that I have had dealings with Perpetual Technology / ********** quite recently.

I wrote a review of the P1-A / P3-A for a UK Hi Fi magazine. Whilst carrying out the review I needed some information on the P1-A / P3-A units. I phoned up Perpetual / ********** and Steve Ozmai answered the phone. Not only did he help me out with the information I needed, but also put me in touch with company president Mark L Schifter.

Dave
I am VERY interested in buying their products but I can never get a real person on the phone to answer a few questions I have..

I have called at least 20 times in the past 6 days and NEVER had a person answer - I have left my name and number twice and no return phone call..

I am really really ticked off and it's only because I can't buy their product anyplace else that I still keep trying..

John

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John the Depot Dude

I am VERY interested in buying their products but I can never get a real person on the phone to answer a few questions I have..

I have called at least 20 times in the past 6 days and NEVER had a person answer - I have left my name and number twice and no return phone call..

I am really really ticked off and it's only because I can't buy their product anyplace else that I still keep trying..

John
Hi John,

First, let me sincerely apologize that you were unable to get through to our sales department with repeated attempts. As we've said many times before on these forums, e-mail really is the best way to get in touch with us, as we are an internet-direct company and much of our business is done in this fashion.

However, there is no excuse for the lack of personal attention given to you, and we will take your comments in stride as we continue to provide the best customer service in the industry. Unfortunately, due to the structure of our new phone system, connecting our Atlanta and Colorado sales offices, your messages often end up in different places, in different boxes, depending on the time of day and extension you call. In the future, if you EVER need to get a hold of either Russell Woolfolk or myself (this goes for the rest of you out there as well), please feel free to call us on our direct extensions at 402 and 300 respectively. Or, you may ALWAYS send us a direct e-mail and we will respond ASAP.

That said, I did just receive your e-mail, John, and will be calling you personally in a few minutes.

Thanks for your time and support!

Kindest regards,

Steve Ozmai
[email protected]**********

877-543-7500 x 300

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Steve has called me a 1/2 hour ago..

Unfortunately it was during our lunch hour..

Please call back as the 877 number only works in the US and not here in Canada..

Thanks

Ps, I am also involved in an internet business so I can appreciate you preferring email..we do also - and don't display our phone numbers on the site. We also have a site forums where we can be reached and we respond to any questions very promptly.

Had your site not shown your phone numbers and just the email address I would have happily sent in an email..

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Mattyd,

You need to call John.. he doesn't respond to e-mail at all. There were all sorts of parts delays for the 18" PRs and they just started shipping a few weeks ago. You should have received your drivers a long time ago (unless John is waiting to ship it all at once due to your location). It may be worth it to spend a few dollars on the overseas call to straighten things out. Yes, I agree that customer communication could be vastly improved...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just to wrap my post up,

I have chatted with Steve and he answered my questions..

I placed my order for the P-1A and speaker correction software and it should ship out in a few days..

Certainly am looking forward to hearing what it does..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John the Depot Dude
Just to wrap my post up,

I have chatted with Steve and he answered my questions..

I placed my order for the P-1A and speaker correction software and it should ship out in a few days..

Certainly am looking forward to hearing what it does..
Hi John,

Thanks again for your kindness, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the tardy reply.

Please come back to AVS soon and post your thoughts and impressions of the P-1A in your system...I'm sure everyone here would love to hear your details on just how significant the improvement is!

Thanks for your time,

Kindest regards,

Steve Ozmai

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Steve,

Thanks again for your help..

I will definitely post my impressions in one of the threads dealing with your products.

Pmf,

I'm going to try just the P-1A - I have 24/192 Dacs in my Lexicon MC-12 and can't see any reason to add the PT Dac piece..

I love multichannel especially DVD-A in Logic 7 and if the P-1A performs as promised I just know I'll love 2 ch CD's with Logic 7..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Scorcho,

Thanks for the kind words. We feel that just having the best subwoofers in the world (and a total lack of humility, at least periodically ;^) is NOT enough. You've got to be able to educate, support and otherwise back up your product with world-class ... ummm, SUPPORT.

For some users that's describing the various side speaker bass rolloff curves of their Lexicon. For others it's explaining that yes, you DO need an amplfier for your "passive" subwoofer. Being able to adapt to the customer's needs is what it's all about.

If it we not for the internet, little of this would be possible. It's made small business inginuity and innovation a chance in a world market. Despite the "dot bomb" debacle of the last decade, I think the resurgence of these sorts of products/companies, and virutual customer support will be what people talk about the NEXT decade. As long as great customers, like the ones here, continue the most effective means of supporting new/small business in any case.

Telling others about such small companies helps too.

Thanks for that.

Ron Stimpson

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scorcho, Ross & Jrizz,

I agree totally. I own the SVS 2531PC and Outlaw ICBM and must say that these are outstanding products. Pleasant buying experience in both cases. As for the legendary SVS customer service, I agree also. I have already said so more than once on this board. Good job Ron and Tom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.