AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hitachi Ultravision 60inch projection TV. I think it's broken (in fact I am pretty sure).

Does anyone have any ideas.

This morning it was working fine, this evening the picture keeps going on and off. For 1 second the picture is on, then for 1 second it's off, over and over and over, never stops doing this. I tried new cables, different inputs, through the receiver, direct from the VCR everything is the same. At the same time that the picture goes on/off the TV makes a small noise, similar to when I switch between different inputs (Video 1 to Video 2).

When I bring up the on screen menu it stays on, but the middle of it is totally distorted.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow! Sounds like it’s totally FUBAR to me.:eek:

·
Registered
853 Posts
It might be that the MCU is scrambled. Cross your fingers and try this: Unplug from the wall (complete removal from AC) and let it set for perhaps 20-30 minutes (overnight would be best, to let all capacitors bleed off their stored energy).

If it works, contact me on where to send the check :p , if not, then if would appear to be a deflection board problem and the I2C bus is detecting the failure and muting the picture (or trying to).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turning the power off for 30 minutes worked. Does this mean there is something that needs repairing or preventative maintenance. If so what ?

Thanks for the suggestion.

T

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think $25 is sufficient, don't you? :D :D :D

You're most likely just fine. It could be as a result of static that the EPROM just got "confused". Windows isn't the only software in the world that gets goofy on occaision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.