AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use HDMI i get mostly black and white and a little bit of red on the picture in @1080i I think with 720p i get a little bit more color, with 480p i get full color? What do you think the problem is? With component i have no problems at all. It's hooked through a onkyo 605 receiver so maybe it doesn't agree with that.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
If it's any consolation, my Olevia 232T will only do 720p correctly and not 1080i via HDMI from my Samsung (incorrect colors). However, it does work fine 1080i using component video.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc64 /forum/post/16996158

It's still better than the Centronics ZAT502 right?

In what way?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know I guess I thought Samsung would make a better product over a company i've never heard of. Which one do you think is better? I also got my box for $20 which I thought was an amazing deal.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc64 /forum/post/16997367

I don't know I guess I thought Samsung would make a better product over a company i've never heard of.

Not necessarly. Many here have reported reliability problems with the Samsung, but those who have functioning units say it works fine, so I would say it's all or nothing.

Quote:
Which one do you think is better?

Better for what? Each are fine for most applications. The Centronics is the 3rd generation of their DTV tuner units, and has a more current chip set than the Samsung, which should result in better reception in demanding situations.

Quote:
I also got my box for $20 which I thought was an amazing deal.

Agree. If yours works with component video, I would stick with it.

As for the reason HDMI doesn't work, it could be the HDTV, A/V Receiver, or the Samsung. Or some combination of both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts