AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a Sony vpl-px30.It needs a new lamp (2700hrs) remote and air filter cover. There is a problem with the picture. Has anyone an idea what could be wrong and is it worth getting fixed

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think the key words we need to examine are - you were "given" the sony pj. Hmmm wonder why that is? Sorry just joking but seriously. It looks like the one or more of the panels is in real need of replacement, unfortunately it is VERY expensive and probably wont be worth fixing ( I could be wrong, check with sony or parts reseller for sony ) One other method is you could find another broken (same exact version) pj that has "good" panels and swap.(Ebay) Might be kinda hit or miss though so there is a risk buying as is products. Not sure if that would be a good option though because isnt that more of a data pj? Why not spring for a used 16x9 pj on ebay that was made for hometheatre? jeff

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Sure looks like a burnt Blue Polarizer just like my W400Q used to look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was something serious. I will store it away like the last scene in raiders of the lost ark! one day it may see daylight. Thanks for the advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.