AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously I'm a noob to this, but I feel like if the ambient light is fine in my room, then why can't I just go with a cheap screen like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-...0130753&sr=1-6

I'm still planning on building a screen for about the same price... will it really be much better than soething like this? I have an epson 8350, and am planning on 110" at least, but either way this seems fine. Once again I'm a new to this. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
This is a square screen, the aspect ratio of HD is 16:9 not 1:1. The screen will wrinkle quickly if not right out of the box. You would be better off with a DIY if you can mount a fixed frame. You should spend some time in the DIY sub forum there is lots of help there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/19559106

This is a square screen, the aspect ratio of HD is 16:9 not 1:1. The screen will wrinkle quickly if not right out of the box. You would be better off with a DIY if you can mount a fixed frame. You should spend some time in the DIY sub forum there is lots of help there.

Yeah I figured that out as soon as I posted it. I'm probably sticking with my own DIY, so I will be doing some research. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.