Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry Maguire 2 disc

- i've been waiting for this special edition for a long time now. I have a VHS copy and played it about 20 times already but when I happen to caught it on Cable I would find myself finishing it where ever I started.

Share your latest addition to your DVD collection...

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Avia Guide To Home Theater. :) Got to make sure my new plasma TV is buffed and polished, after all.

--kurt

·
Registered
728 Posts
last week from buy.com:

Awful Truth seasons 1&2 (~$21 each)

Man Who Wasn't There (~$19)

Rounders ($14)

today from Best Buy:

Gone with the Wind ($17)

Body Heat ($10)

Its always an exercise in restraint shopping at BB.... I'm constantly asking myself "will I watch this more than once" (Rounders) or "Did I never see this movie but hear good things about it and its under $10" (BH)... or "do I not particularly love this movie but when women visit they will be impressed I have it" (GWTW)

If I found a copy of "The Hustler" that would have been a sure buy...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Sleepers, Nice Dreams & The Others bought at local Walmart. All in OAR, dinner out also.:)

O/T my 2 of 6 motors in my 'day' chair burned out, the chair has to be taken to the shop for repairs. My 2 tush motors had to be replaced, for I sit on it all day long.

·
Registered
488 Posts
:)

It is 1:51 pm here in Calif and I am patiently awaiting the postman who should have BLACKHAWK DOWN for me. I was informed that it was enroute a few days ago.

Before that: HARRY POTTER

I have cut way back on my dvd purchases because the movies just haven't been all that appealing to me. I was selling a lot of them back (at less of course than what I originally purchased them for). Also I have HDTV now and occasionally there is a stellar movie on there in glorious 1080i and 5.1, and when I have that there is little reason to purchase that movie on dvd. I do have a library and when I have a film I am fond of, I watch it numerous times, but that has not been the case lately because of the lack of quality movies.

Best, Ernie

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
In about one hour, my latest purchases will have been Black Hawk Down and Real Genius.

I can't remember last week. I think I went crazy at Best Buy and got like five or six (Me, Myself, & Irene, MIB, some others I can't remember at the moment).

Damn Best Buy and their sale prices. I can't resist them. Nevermind that I have a good 20 or 30 that I haven't even opened yet. I just moved recently, and setting up has cut into my movie watching time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For me, I finally found Jurrasic Park, The Lost World in DTS at a price I would pay. Got it used at Half.com for ~14.00 with shipping.

Before that Behind Enemy Lines, Fast and the Furious and Enemy of the State. I went nuts on the after rental isle at Hastings.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Let's see.... I bought a bunch of movies the other day including:

The Patriot(SuperBit Edition)

The Fifth Element(SuperBit Edition)

The Book Of The Dead(Limited Edition)

Bad Taste(Limited Edition)

Oceans Eleven(Widescreen version of course)

Harry Potter.. yeah yeah I know.. the wife made me buy this one...

Men In Black(Deluxe Edition)

-MarcW

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcW
Harry Potter.. yeah yeah I know.. the wife made me buy this one...

-MarcW
Funny! I made my WIFE buy that one!!

Gus

·
Registered
326 Posts
today i picked up:
Lost In Yonkers

Black Hawk Down

Buffy: Season Two

Kate and Leopold

Monster's Ball

Behind The Sun

KORN: Deuce

Audition

DUNE: SE

SPEEDWAY JUNKY

Real Genius

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm awaiting delivery of Black Hawk Down

Most recent purchase I have possession of:

The Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal

Harry Potter

The Patriot (superbit)

The Hunt for Red October

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thin red line

The Vertical ray of the sun (exceptional video presentation)

The deep end

Roger Waters - In the flesh (Awesome!!!)

The Corrs - Live in London (very nice!!!)

Diana Krall - Live in Paris (Lacking in PQ!!!)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just picked up BHD at Blockbuster for 20 bucks. I know Bestbuy has it for $15.99, but that would be a 10 mile drive vs a 1 block walk.

Last night I ordered Courage Under Fire from Columbia House.

Gus

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Here's what I got in the past week or two:

Akira Special Edition

Cowboy Bebop Session 1

Cowboy Bebop Session 2

Cowboy Bebop Session 3

Blue Velvet Special Edition

The Hollow Man (Superbit Deluxe)

The Patriot (Superbit Deluxe)

Baraka Special Collector's Edition

--Jerome

·
Registered
136 Posts
My local HMV store is going out of business in 2 weeks. There's a huge sale. It is offering 30% off on all the store.

Today I picked:
  • Ali
  • Bandits
  • Harry Potter
  • Rush Hour 2

I might go back very soon!:D

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Mine would have been "The Joy Luck Club" if only I could find a copy here in Vancouver :(. I've been waiting for this one for a couple of years - it's the last one on my initial "To Buy" list.

Dean - have you watched yours yet? How is it?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.