AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for HD DVR users...What show or movie have you recorded that looks so amazing you can't bring yourself to erase it?? I have recorded a lot of material, some I had wish I had saved ( Finding Nemo)...So far the best that I have seen and can't seem to erase is Sharktale, and its a good movie to boot!!! What are YOUR unerasable reference recordings...Thanks...AL... :D :D

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Recorded to my Hard drive or HTPC:

Movie: The Patriot (CBS,OTA,1080i) looong time ago.

Docu: Praying Mantis (DSHD,D*, 1920x1080i). This was recorded before HD-Lite madness came upon us. Until now it still my reference material.

I know some members has a much higher quality copies of some HD movies that they did not personally recorded.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've only had my cable DVR for a few months now...but,

Sex and Lucia (the ocean mudbathing scene) blows people away, although its deleted now...

Casualties of War and The Goonies (HDNet stuff)

T2 Extreme on WMV when i can get it working... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
499 Posts
INHD has a 10 minute or so clip that they show every now and then of some under water shots of fish and stuff set to classical music. I don't know the name of it or when it is on. I have about 6-7 minutes recorded and it is the best HD I have seen.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Gladiator from BEV is probably the best conventional film recording that most people have...

Since I save to dvdrs, I'm not really limited to what I can fit on a dvr...

Film movies?

let's do two each...

Amelie from BSHi

Lord of the Rings Return of the King from CMOREHD

Video/Animated Movie?

Waking Life

The Incredibles

Best PQ?

It's impossible to beat any of BSHi's stuff when they're on their game...BoA Live In Japan is utterly pristine...

·
Registered
769 Posts
My favorites would be.................

Praying Mantis... Alien Insect...... amazing show on Discovery HD....

I also like watches.... so.....

Infocus.... Masters of time..... is an interesting show........

Blue Realm.... on Discovery HD.....

and one more.....

Cruising Antarctica......also on Discovery HD.....

Shelly

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy
Beavers Imax from when InHD had the small logo :)
Prior to getting my D-VHS, Beavers was also the program I used to demo my system. Not only does it have great detail but it's also a very well made documentary. It also gets the kids laughing.

Another really good one is The Living Sea which was also an IMAX film. I especially like the music in that one which was done by Sting.

It's hard to say which is my favorite D-Theater film to demo. Currently it's a tossup between Alien, X-Men, and U-571.

·
Registered
843 Posts
simple for me....... Rams vs Jaguars tilt from earlier this season.

Lucked up and caught the local OTA broadcast from WRAL and the quality was stunning!

It will probably never be deleted from my Tivo.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
1. There was a "Sunrise Earth" episode on Disc HD Theat with a kayaking segment which was amazing. I forget the title. I kept that saved for a long time.

2. PBS recently had a special on Alaska which was similarly striking.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell
I would say "Starship Troopers" from Showtime :eek:

-Gary
That is actually sharper than my cap of The Patriot. I have the copy but I did not personally cap it so that don't count including all of the titles mentioned by shah8.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I find the network produced shows look amazing, probably because they are native HD, and I seem to be more impressed than movies.

I still get blown away from the pic quality from shows like "The Office" and CSI.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.