Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Officially strike me off the fence sitters list...No more looking for a prom date for me...I found her in the 75u :)

And, hopefully, I can share the wealth with you guys, who without all the info and knowledge, I wouldn't have known where to begin. After numerous e-mails and phone calls with a supplier, I was able to lock in the price of $2200 for these units. It won't be an advertised deal, but if you let me know, I'll send all the info your way. This originally started with a post by safaa, so thanks goes out to him on sending me in the right direction.

This dealer also does integration work, so they are familiar with the ins/outs of these units and offer great support. They will also guarantee against any dead pixels. As he told me, the dead pixels are left up to the dealers, and if the unit has one, they'll gladly exchange it. They'll even prescreen it before shipping if you make the request.

One interesting note...The Panny 55u is the 5th best projector selling in the US, and the 75u is the 4th. Put together, they are the number one seller right now.

As a side note, I asked them about the panasonic service menu software. He said he would contact his regional manager and see if he could get a copy and send my way. I'll keep you up to date on that issue as well.

Again, thanks for all the reviews, the encouragement and the hand holding. Thanks to Alan and David for hosting such a tremendous site.

It don't get any better than this (can ya tell I'm giddy with excitement) :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Congrats...

Please keep us posted on the software possiblities, a lot of panny owners here would love to get there hands on it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
robertmee

hello

i sent you pm about new price for 75u bulb. bye now

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One day down, two to go :D

I can't wait

Judging from the PM's, there's going to be alot of new 75u owners, too ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

3 hours to go. for ups to come.

believe or not i only have 3 1\\2 hour sleep last night.its like born again home theater. i`ve CRT pj. but i want to see this one in action. i hope every thing OK with unit.

UPS GROUND. 5 DAYS. BETWEEN ALL THESE SORTING MACHINES. TRUCKS.HANDLING WORKER .THEY DON`T KNOW WHAT'S IN BOX ELECTRONIC OR BOLTS. ALL BOXES TREATED SAME WAY.WORSE COULD HAPPEN .THAT BOX FAIL OF THE MOVING BELT A FEW TIMES.:(

I HOPE THE BOX GOT A GENTLE TREAT.:D

WISH ME LUCK. I NEED THAT

SAFAA

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
safaa,

Did you buy your RGB to Component cable yet? Where from and how much?

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

not yet. i have transcoder which has 2 vga port on each end . so i`m

using vga loop to connect to pj. i have component cable each end i`m using that from transcoder out to hdtv component in. i`ll for sure get one but i`m tryink to see if htpc vob will work good on pj other wise i`ll have to buy that cable to connect dvd player to pj. pj arraived.

i just looked to manual.

hooked it up to htpc .

i don`t have a controlled light room so i`ll wait for the night . to mess with it.

a2z cable good source for that cable.

panasonic didn't send high end vga cable. its regular cable so you should be fine with a2z cable.

i`ll talk to you later.

best wishes.

safaa

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an FYI....I was approached by another dealer today, responding to a quote request I sent in almost 2 months ago for the 75u. This dealer is offering the 75u for $2199 plus a free 32k (Panasonic I believe) DVD player. Since the original dealer has had some supply problems (so many AVS members bought them, they ran out), if anyone is still pursuing a 75u, let me know and I'll pass the new info along.

EDIT:

And I guess movement to the correct forum would be in order, moderators :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.