AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 752 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
Damn, I do not remember that. Then again, I didn't watch much Wheel of Fortune back then. I only do now because it feeds right after Jeopardy! So, I record both.

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
Info about next week's shows:
Jeopardy! - 8261 - 8/18/20
Wheel of Fortune - S-7256 - 9/03/20

Jeopardy! really blew one of the categories on Monday's show. It was in the ZOOM category and the clue was:

A zoom lens is AKA variable this type

The response was: What is variable focus?
That is totally incorrect, but got accepted as being correct.
The correct response is: What is variable focal length?

·
Registered
16,303 Posts

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
RIP Alex Trebek!...class act...it's going to be tough finding someone to replace him...apparently he taped his last episode on October 28th and those episodes will air through December 25th

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
ABC will have a special 20/20 about Alex Trebek tonight at 10pm E. I have my 12' BUD pointed at G3 and ready to record the program (h265/4:2:2).

·
Registered
16,303 Posts
While we knew this day was coming, it is still rather depressing. I don't think anyone will be able to fill his shoes. Not only was he awesome as host, just listening to him talk in interviews and such you knew he was a class act guy. He will be missed.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
The timing of this was shocking to me because we haven't been getting any reports that Alex had regressed to the point where he could no longer work or was incapacitated. We knew this was coming, but not so abruptly. We often hear someone is nearing the end or they have this many days or weeks left, but we got none of that, which is why it's so shocking.

·
Registered
16,303 Posts

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
Monday’s episode of the syndicated game show began with an on-air message from executive producer Mike Richards acknowledging the death of Trebek...

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I think a new host would necessitate a mild reboot. Not the game itself, but just enough changes in the look & feel so that every moment isn’t a reminder of Trebek’s absence. Change the color scheme, flip the left/right orientation, juggle the contestant interview segment, whatever.

If they don’t want to do that, then Kennings moves up on the list. He’s the only candidate who really “belongs” to the existing show. He has his own Jeopardy shoes and doesn’t have to fill Alex’s.

Watching the next few weeks will be very bittersweet. RIP.

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
Monday’s episode of the syndicated game show began with an on-air message from executive producer Mike Richards acknowledging the death of Trebek...
Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the last minute refeed of Monday's show. I have no idea when it was fed.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I think a new host would necessitate a mild reboot. Not the game itself, but just enough changes in the look & feel so that every moment isn’t a reminder of Trebek’s absence. Change the color scheme, flip the left/right orientation, juggle the contestant interview segment, whatever.

If they don’t want to do that, then Kennings moves up on the list. He’s the only candidate who really “belongs” to the existing show. He has his own Jeopardy shoes and doesn’t have to fill Alex’s.

Watching the next few weeks will be very bittersweet. RIP.
I like your reboot ideas. Also, maybe a month's break would help with the transition. The last episode with Trebek airs in December, and if they jump right into the new host, it will be jarring.

721 - 740 of 752 Posts