AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Wheel on Tuesday and while distracted by the kids, Pat Sajak said something about high definition. My daughter said he said it was "coming soon". Did anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yeah I saw that. I had to laugh because it was about 1 minute of the 6 total minutes I've seen of that show in my life. I had just turned to that channel because the ABC HD begins right after it. But anyway Pat was having a conversation at the end with a cameraman but you could only hear Pat. He said something like " Hey, are those new cameras..Oh High Definition... Are we braodcasting in HD now?... Oh, in the future.... ok"

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
If it is in HD then the local channel here in L.A. will quit streching the 4x3 image and Vanna will not look so fat.

Rick R

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't watch Wheel of Fortune but I rarely miss its sister show, Jeopary! . However, I can't see how either of these could benefit in the least by being in HD. Don't get me wrong, I love HD and still find myself sometime watching something that I normally wouldn't because of it. However, there are a few shows where it's not really going to add a thing, and these are two of those shows.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Actually, there were small snippets of both shows shown in true HD in an episode of "King of Queens" some time ago. Doug had a dream that he was on both shows. The HD quality was GREAT.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Well, us old farts will be able to spell the words now without squinting 2 inches from the TV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.