AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Sad to see Edd China leaving the show. He will be missed.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Wow, if you're a fan of this show you've got to watch Edd's explanation on youtube. It's just wrong that Velocity is going to ruin this show, the heart of it was the repairs as Edd mentions.

·
Registered
20,936 Posts
Bummer. Edd working his magic really was the backbone of this show.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wonder what Mike had to say about all this? These sorts of splits are never as black and white as they seem. Sure its an expensive show but there has to be more to it. If I do a search for WD's I can usually count on 20, 30 episodes or more. Some the same others from their vault. First the original Top Gear on the BBC channel although admittedly different circumstances, now WDs. I'll miss Ed for sure.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow! Had no idea. Guess it's all about the bottom line for these networks. I've enjoyed this show for years, still watch the reruns from time to time, gonna miss it & Edd!! Can't say I blame him for doing what he's doing, I'd prob do the same. Not happy with Mecum Auctions switch from Velocity to NBCSN either, so I've gone to watching it via youtube on my tv, minus all the commercials!

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Wait people actually watch the car auction coverage on TV?

I wouldn't mind watching it but those Mecum bid takers running around hamming it up is unwatchable. If I was bidding on one of those cars I would tell those clowns to stay out of my face or I'll spend all this cash on EBAY.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I wouldn't mind watching it but those Mecum bid takers running around hamming it up is unwatchable. If I was bidding on one of those cars I would tell those clowns to stay out of my face or I'll spend all this cash on EBAY.
Nailed it. Those guys are the worst.

·
Registered
28,816 Posts
A buddy of mine told me this show once did an episode on a Porsche 928. As I had me one of those road rockets -- the first model year -- for about 7 years back in the late 80's, that's one episode I really want to see. I've been looking for it in the listings, but haven't come across it yet...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Agree 100% several times over. Edd's part of WD was my favorite and the Mecum clowns are clowns
Funny the original WD was depicted in Mike's used car dealership as how choose and buy the right car.
And what about Paul? The credit ( at least ) suggested he was the mechanic/guru behind WD.
I'll sure miss the format.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I rarely watch the weekend car shows due to the heavy product placements. Majority of the shows is a commercial of various sorts with very little real "how to". Edd gets a big "right on" from me for placing his integrity above making big bucks. He won't be interrupting a repair to sale a product. Good luck Edd.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nailed it. Those guys are the worst.
Mecum is the worst. Most of the cars doen't even meet the reserve so you never know what they sell for. I do watch Barrett-Jackson once in a while. It's nice to know what the millionaires are paying for their cars.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'll give the new show a chance, but Edd was to me the backbone of the show, and I really enjoyed his presentation of his work. It's been a good run.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The funniest moments are when Edd shoves his giant self into the midget cars that Mike brings him.

I also thought it was a bit disingenuous that they never include Edd's labor costs into the final price of the upgrade.

Sorry to see him go. Both of these guys make the show what it is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts